Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

Bigpond outlook app not working

Yesterday afternoon my bigpond email stopped syncing with outlook app on my iPhone and iPad Pro. I can still get mail on my Mac. I’ve tried deleting outlook, resetting account, checked all setting, no success. I’ve had to resort to using the iOS mail app. Has anyone else experienced the same issue in the last 24hrs? Nothing changed on my iPad or iPhone, no app or iOS updates, has Telstra changed a setting at their end? Unfortunately I have to use outlook for work emails to facilitate authentication, having mail accounts on two separate apps is a backward step. Frustrated is an understatement. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
526 REPLIES 526
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Bigpond outlook app not working

I have had the same issue on my Android phone yesterday afternoon when my bigpond email stopped syncing with outlook app. Nothing changed on my phone, I also uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook. I also would like to know why this has stopped working. 

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Same with me stopped working on my phone and tablet yesterday. Works ok on desktop. Over the last few days before it stopped emails were taking a little while to load.

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Yep, me too!  Outlook app stopped syncing a day or 2 ago.  Didn't try uninstalling/re-installing Outlook because my Outlook (Microsoft) and Gmal (Google) accounts are both syncing fine. It's just the Telstra mail accounts.  Annoyingingly, sending e-mails using a Telstra account seems to work fine.  I'm just not seeing new e-mails appear in the Inbox.  Telstra Webmail (using Chrome browser) shows them as does the Outlook client on my WIndows 10 desktop PC.

Oh yeah, I also tried resetting the account from (Android) Outlook as suggested to fix sync issues but that just locked the account (on the Android)!  To get back the limited functionality of sending only, I needed to delete and re-add the account :-(

Highlighted

Same problem on my android phone,  I contacted Telstra and they said there are no problems with my account. 

Highlighted

I have the exact same issue. Deleting and reinstalling the Outlook app on my iPhone X hasn't solved the problem either as now I can'tre-add my existing BigPond email account to it. It does seem to automatically connect to some other account which contains archived emails dating from 2014-2016. Infuriating!

Highlighted

Same here! Done all the resets, turning off and on, uninstalling and reinstalling the App. This is affecting my iphone & iPad (both with latest iOS versions and Outlook App is also latest version)

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Yes, me too. Started this morning (19/02).

I've attempted resetting account - no joy.

I deleted the email account but now, can't reinstate it. Telling my user ID or password is wring - which it isn't.

Help!

Highlighted

Exact same situation for me!!! So frustrating. Anyone have a solution yet??

Highlighted

Same here! Outlook stopped working on Android phone for Bigpond mail yesterday afternoon. After reseting outlook and deleting BP account I can no longer even connect to BP mail from Outlook, telling me username or password is incorrect.  

Highlighted

Spent a couple of hours on the phone with these clowns.  There is an issue with bigpond and outlook not playing well together after recent maintenance by Telstra.  Bigpond email will work on your phone via other apps like Gmail.

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Well I think it's pretty clear or at least it should be to the Telstra Messaging Team that something has recently broken with so many reporting the same issue.  One can only hope there's one of the team members monitoring CrowdSupport and to look into this issue.

I suspect it has something to do with something that happened in the last few days.  I noticed yesterday that the Telstra mail servers were not connecting for a number of hours.

Come on guys, get your act together!

Highlighted

Hey, same, my emails on Outlook app on Iphone stopped coming through on Tuesday. I also tried deleting the app and also resetting  the account as per suggestion from Outlook help but that didn't work. They haven't come back to me since I advised neither option worked Smiley Sad 

Highlighted

I have the exact same issue. I have not found a fix as yet. It sonly bigpond email account too

Highlighted

Like everybody else here; have the same issue with two different @bigpond.com email accounts across 3 different iDevices (2 x iPhones and an iPad)

Highlighted

Hi. Yes, according to Telstra tech support when I rang them today told me that they are working on the problem now. There is no outage reported online of this by Telstra. I have both Android and iOS devices experiencing this problem. Fingers crossed eh?

Highlighted

Found the same thing on Android. Stopped receiving emails from yesterday. Could still send. Tried resetting app, uninstall, reinstall, reboot phone. Now not letting me create account in Outlook app. Still able to receive emails in outlook on PC. Hopefully Telstra fixes it soon.

Highlighted

I am the same, my Samsung tablet and OPPO phone too. Bloody hell not solved yet.

Highlighted

Ok. Glad I’m not the only one here. This has been driving me crazy. All other email addresses I use in Outlook are fine, just not my Bigpond one. 

Highlighted

Thank god im not the only one with this issue. It has been doing my head in for the past 1.5 days!!! Does anyone know if there is a solution for this yet?

Highlighted

Nothing yet. I’ve just been in a chat/message back and forth with support - who claim to know nothing about it, even after referencing this thread and other posts on these forums. All they can tell me is to try logging in again then I get no response back in the message chat. Absolutely hopeless. 

Highlighted

Me too ... outlook say it’s a Telstra issue.  Telstra say it’s not their issue and are pressing to sell me some maintenance package before they will help me.  Stopped receiving bigpond emails in Outlook at 11:59am Tuesday 18/2/20.  Extremely frustrating ... 

Highlighted

All of the above

Highlighted

Wish I had read this thread before undoing all my 4 email settings on Android Outlook

Assumed it was the Bigpond outage a couple of days ago that caused it 

Highlighted

Suspect it is an Android app issue things happen when they update them

We should write a comment in the app info request section

Highlighted

Plus one for this issue - 2 seperate accounts over 4 devices no long receiving Telstra emails since Tuesday.  Would be nice if a Telstra rep would monitor these threads and comment...

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Me also.  3 Email accounts over 2 apple & 1 Android devices.  No updates since !8th Feb (Tue) AM. have removed & reinstalled iPad account.  I have logged it with Outlook support but Telstra need to get their act together. 

Highlighted

I have a Samsung Galaxy A8 and S8 both running Outlook for Android. Microsoft email and Gmail both working fine, Telstra Bigpond not working - just like everyone else. Stopped on Tuesday morning without warning. Desktop and Windows 10 tablet both working fine.

Highlighted

Same here, no bigpond.net.au IMAP email on iPad since Tuesday 18th (iOS is up to date, Outlook app up to date), Hotmail account works fine in Outlook (seems bigpond.com is broken too). Have run all the diagnostics, reset, deleted and tried to recreate the account in the Outlook iOS app (interestingly it appears to strip out the password once I tap Sign In) and fails to add the account with an error of IMAP auto-discover failed - please check your IMAP server settings and try again. I am seeing email on Webmail and downloading fine to Outlook client on my Mac.

Highlighted

An update I received from Telstra:

Thank you for the wait. I've just got word from our dedicated BigPond Technical Support Team, and they've confirmed that there is an ongoing Outlook / BigPond issue. Initially it was only affecting IOS users, and now even Android users are reportedly being affected.

We do apologise for the inconvenience. And let me assure you that our team is working on the issue to have it resolved as soon as possible.

Highlighted

Thanks for that update. Was going nuts trying to sort it out!

Highlighted

Last emails downloaded on my Android phone were on Tuesday 18/02/20. Gmail loading OK. Have tried various email apps to access Bigpond emails but none are working. Tried manual configuration, also nada. 

Emails OK on my PC. OK on Webmail.

I managed to email from my android to PC, however no history of it on the Android. 

Have repeated steps on other Android device, same results. 

Not sure if it's a Bigpond or Android issue?

Highlighted

I am having this problem too I have contacted Microsoft and they have said it is a bigpond issue.  

Highlighted

exactly the same here. I've been on phone with Telstra...infuriating. Spoke to Apple support, check and confirmed it's not a phone issue. It has to be a Telstra issue!!! 

Highlighted

Have had the same issue for the past two days and uninstalling app does not resolve it - email will send okay it appears but absolutely nothing reeving. Outlook on my laptop appears to be working just fine though. Time to give Outlook the flick it appears until this is resolved.  

Highlighted

It’s a Telstra issue that they are aware of. They’ve told me in a support chat they’re currently working to resolve. Don’t know how long that will take though.

Highlighted

@Really9 wrote:

Have had the same issue for the past two days and uninstalling app does not resolve it - email will send okay it appears but absolutely nothing reeving. Outlook on my laptop appears to be working just fine though. Time to give Outlook the flick it appears until this is resolved.  

Give Outlook the flick if you want, it’s already been confirmed as a Telstra issue. They’re aware of it and working on it. They can’t give a timeline of when they expect to have it resolved though. 

Highlighted

Confirmed as a BigPond issue. See previous messages in thread. 

Highlighted

I too am experiencing syncing issues since Tuesday on my Samsung phone. I have reset the app, uninstalled, reinstalled (twice) the Outlook app. I contacted support and all I get from them is to contact Bigpond as there is a known issue but I can't find anything in support 

Highlighted

https://servicestatus.bigpond.com/

Email - We're aware that some customers are having trouble accessing their Telstra emails. The team is onto it and we'll have an update on how we're going soon.

Highlighted

Good to know I am not alone

Highlighted

Glad I found this. Laptop all Ok, 3 android devices no emails received since Tuesday but can send. Still waiting.

Highlighted

Finnally,  think how much time we have wasted chasing this when Telstra was aware and probably responsible..  (Outlook had not changed at that date...I was still running pre 13Feb20  change).

Had enough with Landline, ADSL, and now mail issues so bye bye telstra.  Hello Optus 4G broadband, Netphone and mail@outlook.com

Highlighted

Still not working and ha

@YdnaYevad wrote:

Yesterday afternoon my bigpond email stopped syncing with outlook app on my iPhone and iPad Pro. I can still get mail on my Mac. I’ve tried deleting outlook, resetting account, checked all setting, no success. I’ve had to resort to using the iOS mail app. Has anyone else experienced the same issue in the last 24hrs? Nothing changed on my iPad or iPhone, no app or iOS updates, has Telstra changed a setting at their end? Unfortunately I have to use outlook for work emails to facilitate authentication, having mail accounts on two separate apps is a backward step. Frustrated is an understatement. 

ve uninstalled outlook.com from my android phone 4 times since monday and still no bigpond e-mail being received, TELSTRA LIFT YOUR GAME and let us know what is going on, this is extremely frustrating

Highlighted

Telstra don’t know what’s going on. They know of the issue and are working to resolve it. That’s what I was sent by their tech team anyway. No idea on how long this issue will be around for though. 

Highlighted

I have the same issue and have not been able to find a fix

Highlighted

I have experienced the same - did all the things others have posted and tried.  Was able to log in to my Telstra account and access webmail so at least I can see new mail.  Hoping this will get repaired quickly as we are travelling and are VERY frustrated at not being able to be in contact with anyone. Just adding the voice of another user to the pile. 

Highlighted

Same issue here too.. Bloody "Experience Technical Team" I run a Ulefone Power5 and they tried to blame it on the phone! its like! ITS ANDROID OREO The hardware makes no difference to the function of a server issue.

Highlighted

Same issue here. I know everyone is saying that Telstra are aware of the issue, but mine stopped syncing ever since Outlook upgraded from 4.24.0 to 4.25.0 - not sure if there is a way to go back a version and see if the emails will start syncing - I might see if I can do that 

Highlighted

Exactly same thing happened to me Tuesday morning on my Samsung galaxy s8! Tried same attempts at fixes as other posters, nothing worked.

(I'm not a techno and don't know if this is relevant but noticed that the server address details on my phone Outlook are different to those on my laptop) .

Also contacted Microsoft Tech help and they advised that it is a Bigpond issue!

I've downloaded another app to view my Outlook mail items (Email App) but I'm not really happy with it. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit