Level 1: Cadet

Bigpond Rejecting emails from Gmail

I am the Administrator for two Gmail Accounts, one has about 78 Recipients and the other over 330.

I can send an individual email to a Recipient which is received OK but when I send to All Recipients from Gmail's Contact List (Bcc) there is a problem.

I am also a Recipient of both Accounts on Bigpond.com which I use as a check that it was sent OK.

Last week from one Group, it took over 6 hours for me to receive it.

I have contacted the Postmaster at Bigpond.com who was very helpful, analysing the emails and it was a Gmail problem.

The last few days I have sent multiple emails to both groups and all the Bigpond.com recipients (and a few other ISP's) have been rejected with the message:

The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7720 [extmail.bigpond.com203.36.137.234: 421 4.4.2 Connection refused from 209.85.210.66. IB114 ] [extmail.bigpond.com203.36.172.106: 421 4.4.2 Connection refused from 209.85.210.67. IB114 ]

I sent an email to the postmaster at Bigpond 2 days ago with no response.

Now what?

Please help as in the COVID 19 lockdown, the only way to communicate is via email.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Bigpond Rejecting emails from Gmail

The system is probably viewing the emails as SPAM if it is seeing too many emails fro a single origin in a short period of time, and therefore blocking the originating address.

The only way to get it resolved is through the postmaster.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Bigpond Rejecting emails from Gmail

Hi Jupiter

Thanks for the response.

Now if only the Postmaster would reply....

StagReg

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit