Steve242
Level 1: Cadet

Blacklisted Server

HI, I keep getting this type of message when sending emails to a specific .org address.  Can someone help me to rectify.  Please note, I'm not the most tech savey person. 

"Recipient address rejected: undeliverable address: Invalid recipient. If blocked your mailserver may be blacklisted, contact your mail provider and open a support request. If getting relaying denied please verify the recipient email address. Time (Feb 17 13:52:14), client (203.38.21.95) and server (mx1.quick.net.au)."

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Blacklisted Server

It's saying Invalid Recipient which usually means that the email address doesn't exist.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Steve242

Thanks mate, but I know for sure it does exist as i had to use my work email to send something, which they received no problem. Reading on the error message talks about my mailserver being blacklisted.  I have no control over which server i use.....or do I???

Jupiter

I can't see the server on any blacklist (at least according to MXToolbox).

You could forward the bounce message to postmaster@bigpond.com but I don't think they'll be able to do anything. You'd be better off contacting the destination via Contact Us (ddns.com.au) who are the hosting company of the destination server.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Steve242

Thanks again, I've sent them an email, I'll see how it goes.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit