Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Blocking spam from Facebook

Answered

I have a Telstra.com webmail address, which has for some reason been changed to a Bigpond.com address, and I've been getting emails from Facebook to the Bigpond.com changed address for a number of months. Close to 12 months in fact.

I don't use, nor do I have a facebook account. - I hate it with a passion. Man Sad

The emails all come from Facebook regarding some clown called Herberton Campiglia either posting a link/photo etc.

How do I stop this garbage from appearing in my email inbox - I am sick of reporting it as SPAM to the Telstra webmail system by clicking on "report as spam" as this seems to do didly squat!!!

I don't want to give up my Telstra.com webmail address either. It still works and I can receive to both it and bigpond.com

Why is there no filter for spammers in Telstra.com webmail?. - there well may be in Bigpond webmail to which I can't log in to from memory.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Edit: Just tried the Bigpond webmail login and it worked... never used to work for me... but only took me to the same webmail page.

Smiley Surprised

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Blocking spam from Facebook

Hey Gustaph,

I believe there is a link within those emails that you can select that your email is not to be used for that account. I did a quick search and found this link: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/274459462613911. It has a section where you can advise that your email address is being used incorrectly. 

There are spam filters via the BigPond emails, so you should be able to select the unwanted emails to block. 

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hey Gustaph,

I believe there is a link within those emails that you can select that your email is not to be used for that account. I did a quick search and found this link: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/274459462613911. It has a section where you can advise that your email address is being used incorrectly. 

There are spam filters via the BigPond emails, so you should be able to select the unwanted emails to block. 

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Hey, thanks for the reply Brodie,

I don't wish to open those emails, for the risk of confirming my email address to an unknown person. In case there is an unwanted payload too.

Thanks for the link though, I've been on to facebook complaints, and asked for my email to be blocked from recieving the rubbish from them.

I can't access ANY spam filters on Telstra webmail, all I can do is "report this email as spam" nothing else to click/see.

N.B. Just got an email response to say they can't remove me from the mailing list as I don't exist. Unbelievable!!

Now have to wait for an email to click the link you mentioned - they said the same.

Thanks for the advice.

G.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit