Simonamartin
Level 1: Cadet

Can't send or Recieve emails on my iPhone when connected to telstra at home.

Hi There.

I have had this problem for a while. When I go to check my emails on my phone (iphone7) when I am at home and connected to our wifi, which is on the telstra network, I will not recieve or be able to send any emails. If I turn off wifi, then my emails come flooding in. If I am at work and check my emails on wifi at work I recieve emails, our work internet is on TPG.

My phone is on the optus network and my emails are standard gmail, icloud, and my own web email emails.

The same emails on my Macbook work ok, although will be offline even when I am connected to the wifi and then all of a sudden they will connect and come through(yes I do have internet access when my emails are offline.

I have tried all settings on my phone but to no avail, not to sure if my router has some kind of setting that maybe I am missing, it is very frustrating.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Kenobi
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Can't send or Recieve emails on my iPhone when connected to telstra at home.

Hi Simonamartin, 

Please start by logging onto your modem's user interface and check/change the WiFi security settings from the default of WPA2-PSK [AES] to WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES], don't forget to hit the Save or Apply button.   You may need to get your iPhone7  to forget network and reconnect but this should allow data flow.

If you have a Telstra supplied modem you can find instructions on how to access the modem's user interface here

If you are still having problems after this please try the following:

1. Power off iPhone 7 then turning back on
  2. Power down the wireless modem (leave off for 5 minutes) and then turn back on.
  3. Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit