JoeH1
Level 1: Cadet

Cannot access Emails through webmail

Why has Telstra stopped remote access to my bigpond email?  Does Telstra prefer that I cancel bigpond and use another more user-friendly email provider such as Google? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Dennis54
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Cannot access Emails through webmail

Likewise email forbidden in manly West. What's happening ?

Ja-Z

I am also receiving the forbidden error when trying to access my Telstra e-mail, as some other users have reported. I also had some issues yesterday. Why can we NOT access our e-mails in a Outlook ? I have had regular issues with this e-mail since it started in July. I am running my own business from home, and need access to my e-mail account. It's just down to often lately.

Madashell1

Likewise

@Dennis54 wrote:

Likewise email forbidden in manly West. What's happening ?

Madashell1
 Webmail works on my laptop but has stopped working on my tablet that I mainly use for email.

It gives a '403 Forbidden' error,time to change telcos?

zitzit

When I go to access my email I get a '403 Forbidden Error' on the screen. How to fix?

Iain_T
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi guys, 

You may have been moved to a new email system or your email settings are not correct. This link will give details on the correct settings, depending on your email client. 

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

KatieBrown
Level 11: Detective

It works for awhile through webmail and then stops working with the forbidden messages.

This is accessing websmail through the browser.

K

tj223

I have spent hours on the phone or chat trying to sort this problem, still not fixed. I am a person in my 70's and am not very computer literate so I just want this problem fixed from Telstra's end.

@JoeH1 wrote:

Why has Telstra stopped remote access to my bigpond email?  Does Telstra prefer that I cancel bigpond and use another more user-friendly email provider such as Google? 

@JoeH1 wrote:

KatieBrown

@tj223 wrote:

I have spent hours on the phone or chat trying to sort this problem, still not fixed. I am a person in my 70's and am not very computer literate so I just want this problem fixed from Telstra's end.

@JoeH1 wrote:

@JoeH1 wrote:

It's working now for me. It seems to be intermittent.

No use ringing Telstra, it either works or it doesn't at the moment. My account has switched to Telstra Mail.

mal51

I too cannot access my emails via webmail, when is this going to be fixed?

Georgie
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi mal51,

I believe this issue is intermittent. Have you been able to access webmail?

-Georgie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

ronk99

seems the link has been take offline too...

KatieBrown

@Georgie wrote:

Hi mal51,

I believe this issue is intermittent. Have you been able to access webmail?

-Georgie

Yes it is intermittent, last night I couldn't send emails from Outlook 2016, now I can, yesterday afternoon I couldn't.

This morning I couldn't access Webmail.

What is Telstra doing to fix the problems since the move toTelstra Mail?

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

We believe that this issue may be resolved. can you monitor this over the next few days and let us know if it continues?

- Shelly

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit