ann11
Level 1: Cadet

Cannot access Emails through webmail

Hi, Can you tell me why I cant open or delete any of my emails, all that happens is an error comes up saying it took too long and do I want to tru later! well no I want to look at them now!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Cannot access Emails through webmail

Is the error happening while trying to log into WEB mail. I was unable to access My account or WEB on the week end. Had to restart PC to fix problem. Clearing browser history and trying different browser did not fix problem. If Windows 8 or later select restart as shutting down and then restarting does not fully reset PC.

kimu

Have you found a solution to this?  I'm also unable to log onto Webmail.  I keep getting an Error message "This request took longer and timed out". 

GWallace

Same, for weeks now. Customer support have given us a variety of meaningless responses, and done nothing to fix this issue.

Rob36
Level 2: Rookie

Hi There,

This error persists...and has become more frequent over the past two or three days, especially during peaks (morning and evening).

I would guess that its the same old problem with Bigpond webmail...there is insufficient compute, network or I/O bandwidth within the webmail architecture to accomodate peak loads. Why don't Telstra do something about this...maybe they should contact Google to check on how a cloud service email  system should be architected to accomodate lots of users.

If I had a business to run, I would not be using Bigpond.

Rob

polarbear73

I am having the same trouble, it is very frustrating as I am trying to run a business, and send/receive invoices & emails.  

Error

This request took longer and timed out.

butsy1962

Like many others, Bigpond Webmail is next to useless at various times during the day.

Inbox fails to load & error message appears explaining the process is taking too long.

Probably time to move to GMAIL if something so simple cannot be provided by the Telstra ISP

Mich54

I dont know why bigpond is so slow i need a fix

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi all, 

We did have some reported issues with the Webmail services earlier today, however we have now been advised that these issues have been resolved.

If you are still having issues, please speak with the 24x7 Technical Support team on 133933

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit