Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Deceased relatives email account

My uncle recently passed away, and his family paid the phone/Internet bill. In doing this I'm assuming it has closed the email account down.

He did a lot of correspondence via email, so I would think there would be a lot of contacts and email's that may need to be taken care of. Is there any way of accessing the email's?

I'm hoping with the technology today there would be a way to retrieve this information. I did contact Telstra call centre on this matter, but I would like a second opinion.

Thank you,

Sasmac2013

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 17: Bureau Chief

Re: Deceased relatives email account

@sasmac2013 wrote:

My uncle recently passed away, and his family paid the phone/Internet bill. In doing this I'm assuming it has closed the email account down.

He did a lot of correspondence via email, so I would think there would be a lot of contacts and email's that may need to be taken care of. Is there any way of accessing the email's?

I'm hoping with the technology today there would be a way to retrieve this information. I did contact Telstra call centre on this matter, but I would like a second opinion.

Thank you,

Sasmac2013

My condolences. I believe it may be possible to re-activate the e-mail account and restore some or all e-mails that were on the account. If you've already spoken to accounts to do this, then wait and see how it goes. If there are no e-mails once the account is re-activated then speak to tech support on 133 933.

You could provide us more info here (old link removed) and one of our consultants will get back to you.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Deceased relatives email account

Hey sasmac,

Sorry for your loss. If your uncle's account has been closed then while we could reopen the email account, any emails that hadn't already been downloaded to a computer before the account was closed would be lost.

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit