HomeBull
Level 1: Cadet

Disappearing emails

All of my emails have disappeared from my Inbox. If I search, they can be retrieved, but disappear again once the Search box is closed. Similar to other posts from the past, my other folders aren't affected (Deleted, Archived etc). They've also disappeared from my iPhone (IMAP), but remain on my iPad (which is POP). Any clues as to how I can permanently retrieve my emails?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
343GuiltySpark
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Disappearing emails

Which device are you searching for them on?
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras
HomeBull

Thanks for your response, 

343GuiltySpark

With IMAP if you delete on one device they delete on all other IMAP devices and from the email server - with POP they are stored locally on the device and will stay on the POP device until specifically deleted on the POP device in question.

That's why you will find them on your iPad but not your other devices as they have been deleted. 

I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras
HomeBull

Thankyou - but they haven't been deleted, they have just disappeared! It happened Sunday afternoon and have also gone from my webmail on Bigpond. I can still access them if I search my inbox (Outlook). But then they disappear once I close the search box. Other folders which I have set up are still intact, including "Deleted". (Thank goodness!) I've seen past posts from others who have had the same thing happen. Just wondering if anyone had found a solution?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit