do i have to use telstra mail instead of windows mail

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Maxine_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: do i have to use telstra mail

Hi you can continue to use Windows mail.  If you are moving from Outlook.com then you will need to update the email settings in windows mail.  

If you need assistance in updating these settings please call 1800 509 011.

Getting started with Telstra Mail

You can access Telstra Mail on your computer or mobile device/s using an email program or through your internet browser.

Access via your internet browser

Log in to your new email through your internet browser at telstra.com/email - it’s also a good idea to bookmark this link for easy access.

Access via an email program on your device/s

To use Telstra Mail through the email program on your computer and/or devices, you’ll need to update your email settings for each, individual device. Simply follow the steps on the applicable links below:

Once you’ve updated your settings, you can access Telstra Mail on your computer or device using your email program.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Telstra mail is just a platform, not an app.

You can continue to use whatever program you are using currently, in your case the Window Mail program. You will however just need to update the income and outgoing server details to match that of the new Telstra Mail platform.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Maxine_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi you can continue to use Windows mail.  If you are moving from Outlook.com then you will need to update the email settings in windows mail.  

If you need assistance in updating these settings please call 1800 509 011.

Getting started with Telstra Mail

You can access Telstra Mail on your computer or mobile device/s using an email program or through your internet browser.

Access via your internet browser

Log in to your new email through your internet browser at telstra.com/email - it’s also a good idea to bookmark this link for easy access.

Access via an email program on your device/s

To use Telstra Mail through the email program on your computer and/or devices, you’ll need to update your email settings for each, individual device. Simply follow the steps on the applicable links below:

Once you’ve updated your settings, you can access Telstra Mail on your computer or device using your email program.

View solution in original post

Jussal
Level 1: Cadet

I have updated and can't seem to access any e:mail since before the update took place? How do you access old e:mails?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit