earton1
Level 1: Cadet

Does anyone know how to talk to someone in the complaints area of Telstra?

I have an onoging issue with my ADSL service that Telstra technicians have said is being caused by a multipair cable that they own. However no one has been to fix it in three months, and every few days telstra offshore support call and try to get a new technician sent out even though the foriginal fault is not yet fixed. I have a complaint lodged but I am unable to follow up because there is no contact number. I have also lodged a complaint with the ombudsman due to the terrible service provided thus far, but they have so many complaints coming in that the ombudsman cannot allocate a case manager for up to ten weeks. It should not be this hard

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Does anyone know how to talk to someone in the complaints area of Telstra?

You can't talk to a complaints manager until they have been allocated to your case (which should take no longer than 5 business days).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
earton1
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the reply. I lodged the complaint on 18th April. Still waiting for a call back. I did at one point in this saga speak to someone at Telstra who said they would email the case manager for my complaint, but no call yet

pwish
Level 2: Rookie

I suggest submitting a second formal complaint. I had to do that to get an issue resolved. No contact from the first complaint after 3 weeks. Second complaint got a response in 3 working days. Case manager assigned to second complaint could find no record of the first complaint. My issue did eventually get resolved by the case manager, after a few more weeks. 

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

If you call Telstra Support 132200 (9am to 8pm) you could possibly speak to a local consultant.

pwish
Level 2: Rookie

My experience was that if I mentioned that I had submitted a complaint then support people told me I had to wait for contact from the case manager. That was both through the app and on the phone. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit