Alphacore
Level 2: Rookie

Domain being blocked by @bigpond.com addresses

All mail being sent from our domain alphacore.com.au is being blocked by bigpond mail servers clearly being blocked by just our domain as we have tried sending from multiple mail server IP's and also using services such as mailchannels and amazon to pass the mail through with no luck.

We have confirmed the following already

-SPF Records are correct

-We are on no blacklists

-None of the combinations of what we put in the body or subject of the emails make any difference

-We have submitted the request to telstra/bigpond and nothing has been done yet

We are now in a position to seek damages as due to the nature of the issue our company is loosing business and an unblock request should take no longer than 48 hours and have some form of acknowledgement on receipt of submission of the request to meet net neutrality laws so i am hoping that this post reaches somebody in telstra/bigpond who knows what they are doing and can escalate it before we lodge damages with the TIO.

The response was:
558 5910969D58AD7BA9 Message content rejected due to suspected spam. IB703

Final-Recipient: rfc822; XXXXX@bigpond.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; extmail.bigpond.com. (203.36.137.234, the server for the
 domain bigpond.com.)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 558 5910969D58AD7BA9 Message content rejected due to suspected spam. IB703
Last-Attempt-Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2017 02:22:58 -0700 (PDT)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Alphacore

Re: Domain being blocked by @bigpond.com addresses

The response was:

558 5910A5C55133C7B3 Message content rejected due to suspected spam. IB703

Final-Recipient: rfc822; XXXXX@bigpond.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; extmail.bigpond.com. (203.36.172.106, the server for the
 domain bigpond.com.)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 558 5910A5C55133C7B3 Message content rejected due to suspected spam. IB703
Last-Attempt-Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2017 21:24:36 -0700 (PDT)

Alphacore

In which we send a ticket into telstra 11 days ago 

Request Number: SR 1-1251701884171) Whitelisting

With absolutely no response or action.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Notwithstanding the problem that you are having with getting emails through to bigpond customers (a fairly common problem at the moment - glitchy system). What are these net neutrality laws that you are talking about? Australia has no such laws. We have to rely on the ACL in this country for consumer issues (including internet related issues).

And I think I have found your problem (I'm not on a Telstra connection). On visiting your website, I got this response:

alphacore1.PNG

So, Intel )who own McAfee) has you marked as a phishing site. You may want to do a little bit more digging from your end to see what is going on.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Fleming
Telstra Products & Services Team
Telstra Products & Services Team

As mentioned by Jupiter,

It looks like you may be, or may have been compromised.

Your domain is listed in SURBL:

http://www.surbl.org/surbl-analysis

"The domain or IP was blacklisted due to hosting likely phishing, malware or cracked content"

Check your domain name there.

Next perform a check of your hosting provider. Check all directories for malicious or unexpected content.

If you run wordpress then thats often a point of intrusion. You may be able to contact your hosting provider for assistance with cleaning up depending on how bad it is.

Once clean, you can request de-listing on the URL above.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit