Kgt3
Level 1: Cadet

Downloading images in Outlook 2013 - in Windows 8

I have I have spent many hours trying to resolve the problem of getting images to download in Outlook 2013 in Windows 8, without any sucess. I have tried opening emails in Bigpond and Google Gmail - no problem with either. In Gmail the images open straight away - in Bigpond you have to click on 'Open images in this message' . . . then no problem. My problem seems to be only with Outlook - whether Windows 8 influences this I don't know.

I found that others have had the same problem and asked for help in 'Crowdsupport', and I have scrolled through all the suggestions put forward and tried all but those that were too technical or involved changing too many basic settings - none worked for me. It is so hard to contact Microsoft for help - they take you off to all types of FAQ's and other standard solutions, but you cannot get an email address or phone number to get specific answers to a problem.

Any suggestions to solve this frustrating issue?  I don't know where to go from here. One correspondent on 'Crowdsupport' said they were going back to Windows 7 where the problem did not exist - until Microsoft resolved the issue . . . . . maybe that's my situation too - if it is a Microsoft issue?

Kgt3

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Downloading images in Outlook 2013 - in Windows 8

Hey Kgt3,

I am sorry to hear that you have had continuing issues with the opening of pictures in the Outlook 2013 program. I will have this escalated to our Social Media Technical Team for further assistance when they are available later in the day. They will be in contact via this post as well after 9am EST. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Kgt3,

If you are not wanting to contact Microsoft regarding the issue with their product, then the options that you have are:

1. Use an alternate email program

2. Contact a private technician or our Telstra Platinum Team on 137 587 

You can find out more about Telstra Platinum here: http://www.telstra.com.au/connectedhome/enhancements/platinum/

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Andy_L
Level 2: Rookie

I have outlook 2007 on windows 7 (64bit) and have the same issue. Images haven't loaded on my emails for something like the last 6 months. Tried and searched everything but no success. One thing that happens is outlook freezes and comes up with a message 'contacting server for information' when trying to view emails. Last resort i guess is clean install of outlook!

Smiley Mad

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit