Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Duplicate Emails

We have been receiving duplicate emails for the past 9 months. Some days there are 3 downloads with between 1000 and 2000 duplicate downloads. It is killing the business.  

We have made a number of requests through the help line, but have found the overseas call centre (where all requests are shunted) to be full of apologies but not much else.  The issue has been 'escalated' a few times already without any result.  The promised call backs don't occur and the problem then disappears into the ether. 

This week we were given yet another Telstra enquiry reference INT 1-295682952732 by Pol (Tech Support) Employee Number D685624.  Unlike previous helpline personnel, Pol was competent and anscertained that all our settings on the Bigpond Webmail account and our settings in the PC based Outlook app were correct. 

Pol then escalated the issue to a LEVEL 2 server side Email query and indicated that the issue was already known about.  A call was subsequently received with a very poor quality connection from a young lady who didn't appear to understand anything about our particular issue, so once again the agonisingly frustrating process of telling the story all over again and answering  questions  the same questions all over again began.....  Then we asked for a call back on a land line which we had previously provided and this was promised faithfully for about an hour later.  Of course, not for the first time, it didn't happen.  Is this amnesia, negligence, incompentence, or what?  So our LEVEL 2 escalation was dead before it started.

When attempting to use the GET BACK IN TOUCH button to ask Pol what had happened to the promised LEVEL 2 escalation, the link reverted to a webpage message Sorry this request has been used before, please use your most recent transaction summary. We have not contacted Pol since the original conversation, so this is obviously a code error which leaves us up the creek without a paddle.  

The time spent trying to sort the problem and trying to get Bigpond support to resolve the problem amounts to many many hours of unproductive time since January, and still no solution.  We are waiting for the promised LEVEL 2 escalation to occur, but something tells me it aint going to happen. 

We are totally totally pissed off with Telstra.

WELL DONE TELSTRA.....

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Duplicate Emails

Hi Yarikkin, 

Im sorry to hear this, 

If you would like to fill out this webform <redacted>and send me the SR number (Eg: SR 1-12345678910) 

I will then email to our Social Media Tech support team to investigate on your behalf. 

However if you would prefer, I can also directly contact Pol and request he follow up with you. 

Please let me know. 

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Tom,

Thank you for picking up on my message. The issue concerns random double (sometimes treble) downloads of hundreds of past emails at a time. The issue started in January this year. It can go for days without an occurrence and then suddenly 3 or 4 downloads will occur on the same day, adding 1500 to 2000 old emails to the inbox. The PC in question is running under Windows 7 with Outlook as the desktop email client. The operating system and MS apps have always been set for automatic updates. We do not recall any hardware of software changes when the issue first reared its head in January. Having checked and confirmed the correctness of my account settings on the Bigpond Servcer and in Outlook on the desktop, Pol D685624 escalated the enquiry (reference INT 1-295682952732) to be looked at by webmail engineers . Later the same day a person known as RJ came on the line. I assumed this was the level 2 engineering support, although nothing RJ said indicated this. I asked if RJ would call back because the line was bad and I was in the middled of an online webinar. RG promised to call back within the hour but the call never eventuated. Today, about 2 days later, RJ come on the line again, apologising for not having made the promised call back. Again there followed a fairly aimless discussion and poke around my desktop . RJ had full access to the problematic Bigpond webmail account nikkija@bigpond.com and to the desktop Outlook email client of the same name. We seemed to follow the same process that Pol had followed a few days earlier, which seemed like a waste of time to me. Clearly RJ is not an engineer and the complaint had not been escalated. On my insistence, RJ promised to email her Employee no., a new case no and request for Level 2 escalation. For the record, the email has not eventuated. After having access to my desktop, Pol (D6856240) had already confirmed that both the Bigpond Outlook.com settings and desktop Outlook settings were correct and that there was nothing more he could do. He undertook to escalate the issue to Level 2 for engineering support, telling me that he knew of other cases that the engineers were sorting out. This escalation to engineering didn't happen and instead I got BJ. All I can offer you by way of case identification is the most recent case number INT 1-295682952732. What should happen next is that a native english speaking engineer in Australia should look over the case and give me a call. It would not surprise me if, after 9 months of faffing about and hugely exasperating circular conversations, the engineer will find a way to correct the issue in minutes.

Highlighted

BTW, the link
<redacted>  above
brings up 'SERVER ERROR'.

Highlighted

So in summary after looking at all these posts on duplicate emails I have yet to find someone that resolved this with a Mac. I'm very concerned.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit