Seanlc
Level 2: Rookie

Email address that cannot receive mail

Is there anyone out there who could assist the Telstra Support Centre in Manilla to solve this email problem. (see below my rant!)

I reported this problem on 20/03/2015. I have spoken to 16 people and escalated to level 3 and they cannot get this fixed.  All I can say is thank God I dont have a serious problem because they are certainly incompetent is solving small ones.

I was told by one of the technicians that my problem would not be resolved until attended to by an onshore technician. I confirmed he meant in Australia.

How can this be possible that the largest digital communications service provider is so incompetent?

Mr Turnbull and the Ombudman are going to have worm their way out of this one.

Message the Telstra moderator, you had better publish this or all hell is going to break loose.

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain bigpond.com by extmail.bigpond.com. [61.9.189.122].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.1.1 <xxx.xxx@bigpond.com> recipient rejected. IB603a

----- Original message -----

X-Google-DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
        d=1e100.net; s=20130820;
        h=x-gm-message-state:mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to
         :content-type;
        bh=0R0QsSu/GwjyHZ3spJYAehnESwNi8o82WjMWKDu4mOY=;
        b=FXiCjoaD03xqcsxrTJNPYGJfjKWcD4WG7/8czM8eXEUOmrpQ/H3j4iqkuE+70ybBNK
         4lK8GQzZ/UgZFKh+N7PRSo9vjzFw306MRevHizekqcY+fJUo4vRvyMUcg4Ilvb2Oy4z8
         e6fhooHd3/40UZPK16dN5vz2LKxn1nzkOU0gLrN/lOj/UlzSQEXkRA0CuqprnnrvT1hu
         DsqCeujHhVIy0SlNeYFScDH12Uu9LYmP5DMoNVrgLgI5dad5xGmt3V+VK9ZEg+fxHuOk
         6pXcgaXQ8+JE0zC753kYwoDL2reNPfDwsy/Qa1UdPnAeIQ8CzIyN74L7huXH6zS9yMZq
         A2dg==
X-Gm-Message-State: ALoCoQkDBNzkY92p97vFyNxn+IlsdtKem7AI7TyVZPEo9jLPnbolfpXv7MTRP9h90HbTyBl1W1pG
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Received: by 10.182.126.162 with SMTP id mz2mr46596489obb.21.1427971921463;
 Thu, 02 Apr 2015 03:52:01 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.182.85.67 with HTTP; Thu, 2 Apr 2015 03:52:01 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 20:52:01 +1000
Message-ID: <CAF_gC3_sK6tV+y_WunHF4dtt0iqpEfV_X+Q9nnXinSXQY5JxuA@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: test

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Ms_Megahurtz
Level 12: Master Detective

Re: Email address that cannot receive mail

Given the lack of detail beyond "it doesnt work and I'll take it to the media", has increased the difficulty in resolving it.

Googling the error message revealed:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/gmail/2b13J8bv6HQ/ZemGMX8AQeEJ

Have you checked for any forwarding on your old account in case its trying to forward the email elsewhere?

How are you sending this "test" message? (Web client, Outlook, etc etc)

From what domain?

To what domain?

Can you post the FULL HEADERS? (feel free to high your X-Originating-IP and the like) but making sure the sender@domain.com and receiver@domain.com are still there. Feel free to mask the sender@ and the receiver@ but leave the actual domain there.

Please post this additional information so we can actually assist you. Being disrespectful to staff and the like isn't going to help you solve the problem. They have processes THEY MUST follow regardless of how much value you believe you contribute.

--------------------
Ms_Megahurtz
Nerdy Roller Derby Girl

** SPECIAL NOTE **
The opinions posted here are those of my own mind, and not those of my employer.
Ms_Megahurtz
Level 12: Master Detective

Further Googling found this:

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband/Bigpond-Cable-account-issues/td-p/266209

--------------------
Ms_Megahurtz
Nerdy Roller Derby Girl

** SPECIAL NOTE **
The opinions posted here are those of my own mind, and not those of my employer.
Seanlc
Level 2: Rookie

email fail.png

Telsta Manilla have received several copies of this detail. In fact I have insisted that they send they send an email from their workstation so they can see the result for themselves and stop trying to tell me it has got something to do with my email setup.

Clearly their KPI's are not how long it takes to fix something, but how often they contact you and provide feedback. On Friday (Good Friday that is!) I received a TXT saying they had tried to contact me but could not do so. I was sitting right next to the 2 contact numbers. I tried to called them back on the number and pin provided and was told they were not operational.

Their systems obviously just spit these messages out at random. I have 10 of them from various parts of the planet, except Australia.

Sorry if I sound a bit pissed off, but we should NEVER have to deal with level on incompetence and I will make it my duty to make sure they compensate the student who has missed 2 nursing assignments because this email account is not able to receive messages.

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Seanlc,

The error number indicates that it is rejected as the mailbox doesn't exist. 

Customers can check the status of the mailbox (and the correct email settings) by logging into here: http://www.telstra.com/emailservercheck

Have you tried logging into that mailbox via webmail?

Depending on the platform that the BigPond mailbox is being hosted on, the best way to log into webmail will be: 

https://webmail.bigpond.com/webedge/do/oldlogin or https://login.live.com

If the mailbox does exist, then this would be a complex fault that will need a ticket raised to the engineers for further investigation. 

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit