Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Email blocking

Answered

Hi i was wondering if someone can help me as i am about to go insane, Im just about at wits end.

I have noticed that Bigpond has recently been blocking some of my emails coming through to me. And to be entirely honest i can not figure out why.

I have contacted Telstra support multiple times with little to no insight on the problem. The first lady i talked about white/black listing and it went right over her head, i asked to speak to someone else which i was placed on hold for 25 mins with no transfer, ended up giving up.

I called back another couple of times and spoke to 2 different people, one wanted to remote access my computer, in which i didn't see how that was a viable solution i declined and the other gave me a ticket number rather promptly and i am still yet to hear back from them.

I have tested this same email server out with my other gmail account and can receive the emails fine. The bad thing is i can not change my personal information, such as email address on this site without receiving a confirmation email to my bigpond account.

The information i can give you regarding the origins of these emails (pulled from the received gmail account) are as follows:

IP: 199.167.137.237

email: no_reply@wex.nz

A few other people on this site are encountering the same issues except of course the Gmail users. And perhaps others. I also know hotmail seems to be blocking these emails as well.

Wex.nz was only created recently as far as i am aware. It is a cryptocurrency exchange which was created out of the ashes of a site known as www.btc-e.com. I have several thousand dollars on the exchange and without being able to receive emails to my bigpond account it is as good as gone.

I have emailed the exchange also, still waiting for a reply but expecting them to point the finger at my email provider as others are working fine.

I have also checked the IP and domain name on a couple blacklisting sites and I can't find anywhere it is blacklisted.

I just need to get one email through, thats all!

Hope someone out there can help!

Thank You all in advance!

Gibbo2787

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Email blocking

**update**

This issue has been resolved.

Finally tech support, let the said emails through.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Email blocking

**update**

This issue has been resolved.

Finally tech support, let the said emails through.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit