Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Email Hacked

Hi a couple of weeks ago i had my bigpond e mail account hacked. Also the answer to my secret question has been changed too . How do i go about fixing this please ? Have contacted bigpond but have no joy .They want to send my password to my hotmail account which is linked to it but that has been hacked too  Thanks in advance Dave C

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Email Hacked

Can you change your password via "My Account"?

Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Hi, Dave,

Do you still have access to your Hotmail account? If so, simply change the password and secure that first, then have your BigPond account password sent to it. If not, I'd give  another call on 13 76 63 and explain the situation. I'm sure they'll verify your identity and provide you with other means by which to reset your account credentials.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
Highlighted

Unfortunately no . To change my password in my account i either need to know my previous password or answer to my secret question , both of which have been hacked and changed

Highlighted

Hi Tezz. I can't access my Hotmail accout as it has been hacked too so I will have to give bigpond another call as you suggest. I did call them the other week but that was during the big meltdown and was on hold for approx. 50 minutes.
Highlighted
Telstra Products & Services Team
Telstra Products & Services Team

Sadly only way to resolve this one is a phone call.

Make sure you tell them the account was hacked, not "I need my password changed".

Sounds like previously they thought you just forgot your password.

Also tell them your contact email and secret questions were all changed.

They should authenticate you by your details, possibly have your last bill handy and quote the bill number etc.

Highlighted

Have made a few  calls to customer service and still not getting any satisfaction not to mention the inconvenience  of having to contact people of my predicament  and not to open any emails from my old account . Looks  like my only solution is to change my service provider .

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Dave626

I am sorry to hear your email was hacked.

Passwords are sent to the contact method on your account, it would appear it is your Hotmail address and this would be why we have asked to send it there.

You can change your contact details on the account, we would require you to contact us to update details.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit