Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

email page taking too long to open and times out

my bigpond email page opens up but the pages do not (eg inbox etc.) after a while I get a message telling me it took too long and  it times out.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: email page taking too long to open and times out

Hi Cranky,

My is the same and driving me crazy. Need to send Tax info to my accountant and can"t !!!

Highlighted

Telstra webmail is the most hopeless service. I have been using it for twenty years approx. and have too much info. on it to try and shift to another provider or I would. Service from Telstra is disgraceful.

Highlighted

I have been having the same problem starting from apprx 5 pm Sydney time. Does anyone know when the problem will be fixed? 

Highlighted

@cranky3 wrote:

my bigpond email page opens up but the pages do not (eg inbox etc.) after a while I get a message telling me it took too long and  it times out.

Hi Cranky3,

I have the same thing and more, when I'm lucky enough to get my mail there maybe 30 odd emails but a lot of them are repeats of the same email. This morning of the 32 i received, I deleted 17 copies so I ended up with 15 and then 4 of those were emails I had declared as junk previously. so now I'm down to 11 emails which is about normal for me.

After going through this routine I then start answering my mail and this one was a rather lengthy answer which I had just finished, all I had to do was sign off. Then Webmail shuts down and I loose the lot and when this happens there is no draft left that has gone as well.

It's as though Telstra want us to go to another mail carrier and after todays episode that is exactly what I'm going to do. Anyone have a good one they recommend ??

Cheers

Gepeto

Fred Froggerty : A Telstra HD Premium with Foxtel through Telstra. A consumer of NSW. Not employed by anyone, and the answers I supply here are just my personal experiences I share in the hope they can help you, as they have helped me.
Highlighted

I am having the same issue. Webmail not loading at all and no response from telstra - please fix it telstra or let us know what is going on!

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi cranky3, i think it must be related to this:

https://outages.telstra.com/#/email?pageSource=home

Highlighted

this has been the case for 3 days for me.  If this is related to outage as per response below, then is there any update from Telstra regarding eta on resolution???  Seems a little less than satisfactory that this can drag on without communications to customers. 

Highlighted

Yep it's pretty poor that is has been going on for four days and no word from them

Highlighted

Telstra a grubby organisation with the dreadful service it provides.

I have been having the same problem since 7 August and to try and contact them is hopeles.

Like cowards they hide behind multiple apps and fob offs.

Highlighted

@Hoo_Roo wrote:

Hi cranky3, i think it must be related to this:

https://outages.telstra.com/#/email?pageSource=home

Hi Hoo_Roo,

It's not the link you posted as that started yesterday whereas I've had this problem for a week and it is still driving me crazy.

I'm switching to Outlook.com just downloaded it and will now set it up.

Good luck

Gepeto

Fred Froggerty : A Telstra HD Premium with Foxtel through Telstra. A consumer of NSW. Not employed by anyone, and the answers I supply here are just my personal experiences I share in the hope they can help you, as they have helped me.
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

There is currently an upgrade in progress on Telstra Mail (since 8:30am on 10/08/2020) which is causing the system to be unavailable.

Check https://outages.telstra.com.au for updates.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

I spent 3 different times on the chat line plus a visit to the Telstra shop. All to no avail. I did some of my own searching and found there was some kind of outage, that the agents were oblivious to. It appears like my service is back to normal now. In the midst of all this I kept getting emails from Telstra. Some referred to these pages and about 6-7 were awarding me different badge levels (??). Which of course I couldn’t open (duh!) It seems I was being rewarded for having my problem solved. But, it wasn’t. Go figure.

Highlighted

I went into a Telstra dealership with a tech guy, he changed it over to the mail in windows 10, works fine now.

He said Telstra has old technology running and emails can't catch up quick enough when you open the webmail page. Hope this helps.

@cranky3 wrote:

Highlighted

I'm also having this problem, but only on my laptop. It seems that I can access them on my phone, but that's not satisfactory. I've also had the issues mentioned in other posts where I will be in the middle of composing an email and it times out. I thought it must be a laptop problem.

Highlighted

Hi, yes problem has re emerged today for me. This is frustrating but even more so, that there is no comment from Telstra to customers.

Highlighted

This has been a problem for me for about two weeks now. Very difficult contact Telstra to find a solution though, the automated system just sends me in circles. Perhaps a visit to the store is in order. 

Highlighted

The same happens to me. If it is a matter of clearing old mail (inbox or sent) that is impossible because the folders won't open.

@cranky3 wrote:

Highlighted
Level 9: Captain

Seems to be a common problem.

It’s a mystery why Telstra do not fix it.

Highlighted

The mystery is how Telstra still exist with their dreadful service.

Highlighted

Just had Email from Telstra  Community Mailer about the same issue but cannot open it, 

It says click on the Link, but nothing happens , this is supposed to be a reply from them about this exact Issue discussion ,as i sent a Complaint 

So i am still none the wiser

Telstra when are you going to Wake Up!!!!

Its all in the Brain
Highlighted

I called Telstra on Tuesday and was told it was a known ossie and would be foxed yesterday. It is still not working today. I really hope the customer service officer was not knowingly following a script that was a lie to be fed to customers. Sigh. This has been 3 weeks now. This is now impacting my ability to work or get work. This really is not good enough.  I was told to get a gmail account as solution. This is unbelievable and level of concern for customers being displayed by Telstra is outrageous.

Highlighted
Level 9: Captain

@bill2020a wrote:

I called Telstra on Tuesday and was told it was a known ossie and would be foxed yesterday. It is still not working today. I really hope the customer service officer was not knowingly following a script that was a lie to be fed to customers. Sigh. This has been 3 weeks now. This is now impacting my ability to work or get work. This really is not good enough.  I was told to get a gmail account as solution. This is unbelievable and level of concern for customers being displayed by Telstra is outrageous.

If you’re fed up with the situation you can lodge a complaint with Telstra at https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

Highlighted

Obviously typos in my post are due to fact, i am reduced to using mobile phone rather than my laptop. So. Known issues and fixed was what I meant to type! Thanks for tip re complaints.

Highlighted

Having the same problem so TELSTRA when will this be FIXED - 77 unread emails and getting cranky

Highlighted

And still a month on it is a major issue!! So annoyed that I am starting to seek out other providers and will move as soon as my contract is up...which is in a month. Telstra, lift your game. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit