Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Email problem

I'm having huge problems with my email.
All of a sudden I have a response of "email service is temporarily suspended".
Can you please help me?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Email problem

Hi MCostas,

A suspended email address occurs for four main reasons;

1.     Late payment of account

2.     Compromised email address

3.     No usage greater than 180 days

4.     No longer a Telstra customer

If your email address has been identified as a source of ‘spam' emails (unsolicited emails sent from your email address) we will suspend your account if we believe that your account has been compromised.

Before contacting Telstra please ensure you update your internet security software and run an anti-virus scan on each device that can access the email account. Once done contact us on 13 22 00 to have your account reactivated.

When we reactivate your email address make sure you change your password to ensure your account is not automatically suspended again. To update your password follow these steps:

1.     Log in to My Account

2.     Select Personal Details in the Profile & preferences tab

3.     Select Edit in Username & Password to update your password

You can also speak with our Technical Support Team via LiveChat (http://tel.st/gq6m) who can investigate and confirm what is required to have your email service back online as soon as possible.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit