Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

email problems with outlook 2003

unable access emails via outlook after email account had been suspended then  re activated . although I can access via bigpond web mail . Have already spent 2hrs with bigpond tech support with no solution.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: email problems with outlook 2003

If you can access the email via webmail, then your account is not suspended.

Can you check the settings that are configured in your email program?

The best settings to use can be found by logging into http://www.telstra.com/emailservercheck

I noticed that there have been some slight changes in regards to the outgoing server settings.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Thanks Shelly for answering my queiry, tried what you suggested re outlook email settings. But it will still not  recognise my user name & password or when i have been re-activated could it be on a different server.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

When you log into that link that I provided, it should provide the correct settings for the platform that your mailbox is hosted on.

It is possible that there is a misalignment with the username and password, so another thing to try is logging into My Account http://tel.st/cpyn and changing the password. Wait 5 minutes and then try your email program again with the new password.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Shelly , did as suggested outlook works fine now recieving emails 

thankyou for your support Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit