T_A1
Level 1: Cadet

Email slow arriving to my inbox

I have been trying to verify various accounts where I'm sent a code via my bigpond email address to enter into the site as part of the verification process. This always has a time limit before that particular code expires. By the time the email arrives in my bigpond inbox, the verification has expired and i can't enter the code. This is typically about 30 minutes from the time the code request is sent to the time the email arrives.

Also, I cannot access Telstra Mail - I am getting a message saying that i cannot access at this time.

Any help appreciated to resolves these issues.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Email slow arriving to my inbox

The problems are probably related. The server that your account is hosted on is most likely suffering delays either from maintenance occurring or a fault on the server that needs to be resolved.

There is no workaround, it is a case of waiting for it to be fixed. The most you can do is report the problem to postmaster@bigpond.com and let them know when the problems started occurring, and give them your contact details (including the email address that you are having problems with so they can figure out which server you're on).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
cf4

Re: Email slow arriving to my inbox

If you are using an app to access your mail the 30 minute might be the length of time between when the app synchronises with the email server. Most apps have a button for synchronizing emails. In outlook press the send receive button, on windows 10 mail press synch button. If using an app on a phone or tablet drag the inbox down from the top to synchronise.

If having trouble accessing Telstra Web mail try clearing browser cache or using a different browser.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit