Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

email time out

Answered

Hi all

After I have accessed my Bigpond emails, I do not log out, but find after a small time I see a message saying I have been "timed out"?? Cant I just leave it on for instant access?

Thank-you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: email time out

No. The timeout is a security feature to stop others from accessing your account, as webmail is normally used when not at your home computer.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

No. The timeout is a security feature to stop others from accessing your account, as webmail is normally used when not at your home computer.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

Thankyou

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same problem, I can see them in my in box but cannot read them?

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

My Telstra webmail just will NOT load. Mail is coming through to my computer and phone OK, but I need to check webmail itself. Any hints? I can't get anybody at Telstra to help me.

Highlighted

I'm the same, my phone is ok, my tablet is ok but webmail on my laptop won't load it keeps timing out, I'm lost as to what to do

Highlighted

My webmail won't load on either my Mac or my iPhone. The time-out message comes up before anything loads. Emails are coming through to my iPhone ok (but not on webmail) but are slow and all out of order to my Mac. I use safari and same prob too with Firefox.

It's a disgrace, Telstra.

Highlighted

And as this is a Telstra site, do they EVER look at it and think, 'oh we must fix that', or is that too sensible?

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

So, contacted Telstra about a week ago over this problem, the operator tried to tell me there wasn’t any problems, but having read all the CrowdSupport emails, she relented and said we don’t know what it is but a fix is near! Well it was “ fixed “ for a few days, now it’s here again. Poor show Telstra, pity those businesses try ping to operate with this issue.

fix it please, for good

sue 

Highlighted

They are hopeless. I have been on LONG online chats with them via the app where they swear blind there is no issue until you post that first they admitted there was, then they said it was fixed and then it came back again. This is the latest message I got from them on Friday 28 August, verbatim, complete with no punctuation:

'I am sorry that not only you many of our customers are coming up with the same issue even as we are waiting for the update this has been the global server issue. We are currently working on this outage. Currently we are migrating the webmails that is the reason it is taking longer than expected. So kindly wait until this email this outage to be resolved.'

Highlighted
Level 10: Junior Detective

Wait how long though?

Highlighted

Ongoing issue, also noticed over the last 3 weeks. When emails do load and you try to open, timed-out messages appear.  

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

telstra Australias' leading telco ? Cannot fix there ongoing webmail/email. If you can get a hold of them, they will blame nbn or  someone else.  On top of that they leave all there customers as to what is going on, in the dark.   Please telstra fix the problem STOP excuses ,this has been going on five weeks plus,

Highlighted

This does appear to be an ongoing issue, email page not loading, and time-out messages trying to open emails over last 3 weeks. Not sure if this is a Telstra webmail platform issue?

Highlighted

I'll just point out that the original topic of this post had nothing to do with the problems that are occurring with Telstra Mail at the moment.

The current problems are due to hardware issues that needed resolving and it has taken Telstra 3 weeks so far to perform that update. It is a massive system.

Highlighted

@Jupiter wrote:

The current problems are due to hardware issues that needed resolving and it has taken Telstra 3 weeks so far to perform that update. It is a massive system.

Sounds like you are ‘in the know’

When are the problems expected to be resolved?.

Highlighted

Unfortunately nobody knows when it's going to be resolved by. It's taken a lot longer than I would have expected.

If they figure it out, it will be posted at outages.telstra.com

Highlighted

I have been unable to access emails since 10th August - contacted Telstra etc.. hadenough2

@teddyboy2014 wrote:

Hi all

After I have accessed my Bigpond emails, I do not log out, but find after a small time I see a message saying I have been "timed out"?? Cant I just leave it on for instant access?

Thank-you

Highlighted

i cant see mine at all just comes up timed out, I'm over Telstra time for a change.

Highlighted

I have been having similar problems for the last 3 days. When I rang Bigpond today a recorded message said that during routine maintenance, there was an error which is effecting our emails. For me it is effecting both Outlook & Webmail which is not good considering the emails I am getting are work related..

WAY TO GO TELSTRA!!!!

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Hi @Roodster 

See the Telstra outage page for more information on the email issue.

https://outages.telstra.com.au/#/ 

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted

@teddyboy2014 wrote:

Hi all

Thank-you

Highlighted

If you're actually seen emails on webmail then think yourself lucky!

Telstra's last message at the end of last week said this issue would be sorted out by the beginning of this week. Well it STILL isn't fixed. Bad form, Telstra.

Highlighted

If you’re fed up with the situation you can lodge a complaint with Telstra at https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

Highlighted

Thanks, but I wonder if I'll ever hear back from them. This outage has now lasted a full month.

Highlighted

@pollycracker1 wrote:

Thanks, but I wonder if I'll ever hear back from them. This outage has now lasted a full month.

I did. Try it.

Highlighted

I have! Thanks. Was it in response to the same issue?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit