Visal
Level 1: Cadet

Emails are bouncing from our domain

Hi I have an issue, we're generating emails from our web server for password resets for users. It's blank email with information only, no links. All customers who've signed up to our service using a bigpond.com domain are rejecting this email, with the following error: Your message couldn't be delivered Recipient email server rejected the message. Further information 5.7.1 6139F8E51386876D Message content rejected due to suspected spam. IB703 If you sent this message to multiple addresses, you'll receive a notification like this for every one that didn't arrive. I've checked that we're not on a blacklist, and it's only happening to this plain text email, that is only generated when the user requests it. I'd like to avert further issues for our Telstra customers who are struggling with this. Any ideas?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Emails are bouncing from our domain

Did you check the IP address of your server as well to see if it is blacklisted. Microsoft had a range of their servers blocked over the past couple of weeks.

You will need to forward a copy of the bounce message, along with your contact details and a rough idea of when the problem started to postmaster@bigpond.com

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit