Frenchy4815
Level 1: Cadet

Emails being deleted from the DELETED BOX

I need to keep my email history, but after 6ish weeks they are being automatically deleted from my DELETED BOX.... On the server, in outlook and on my phone..... I can't figure out how to stop this and it is getting very frustrating. Can anyone advise me?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Emails being deleted from the DELETED BOX

That is what is supposed to happen. If you don't want the emails deleted, create a different folder to move them into.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Frenchy4815

Yes, they go to the deleted box when I delete them from my inbox...... however, they used to stay in there until I chose to permanently delete them...... I used to have years of email records in there, now only a few weeks.... I just want to know how to change the time limit before they automatically delete....

Jupiter

It's not a user definable setting.

In the customer terms for Telstra Mail, those messages in deleted items may be deleted after 30 days.

5.1 We may delete any mail messages stored for 30 consecutive calendar days or more
in the ‘Trash’ and 30 consecutive days or more in the ‘Junk’ folders of your Telstra
Mail account.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Frenchy4815

Strange though.... it has only happened in the last few months and my wife's account still has emails from years ago sitting in her deleted box..... perhaps it is one of those conundrums.....

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Telstra/Bigpond email is unlike any other similar service...  Smiley Happy

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Jupiter

You may be on different servers and they may have had to start performing housekeeping routines to keep the one that you're on running properly.

Dowser
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

@Frenchy4815 wrote:

I need to keep my email history, but after 6ish weeks they are being automatically deleted from my DELETED BOX.... On the server, in outlook and on my phone..... I can't figure out how to stop this and it is getting very frustrating. Can anyone advise me?

Look at the mail settings on your pc & phone.

For example, on my iPhone the Mail account settings allow me to choose how long Deleted messages are kept.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit