Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Emails won't load

Over the last week, webmail inbox has become slower and slower to load and today won't load at all. Error timed out over and over again. Given that this has been raised by many others, why have Telstra not provided a response on this forum and/or fixed the problem?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
49 REPLIES 49
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Emails won't load

Same for me.

It has been getting slower and slower as the day progressed. So much so that some emails are simply not loading and error messages are popping up.

Are we about to experience another shut down on the weekend?

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

This is not helpful but I am glad to see it is not just me who cant access any emails today.

I would really like to get into my inbox and respond to some urgent messages without setting up an email account elsewhere

Highlighted

I haven't been able to access emails also. Being a luddite, I have tried smart troubleshooter several times in recent days without success fixing it. I will appreciate help. Thanks

@Matt68 wrote:

Over the last week, webmail inbox has become slower and slower to load and today won't load at all. Error timed out over and over again. Given that this has been raised by many others, why have Telstra not provided a response on this forum and/or fixed the problem?

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Exactly the same here. I sometimes get to the list of headers, but none will open.

I've tried everything to get help and get it sorted. Now run out of options. So far:

• checked the Telstra site for Webmail issues/outages. There are none shown.
  • did the online diagnostic tests. It said I had no issues.
  • restarted the device. No change.
  • tried the Codi chat bot on the home page. Useless circular 'conversation'
  • tried to download the MyTelstra as advised ... no help at all with only Windows 10 (no smartphone at the mo').

So I can't fix the problem. The Telstra site doesn't acknowledge that there is a problem. And I have no way to report the problem.

Last resort, a phone call.  Wait time was an optimistic 20 minutes. Not falling for that again. I might try tomorrow when I've got a couple of hours to spare.

Highlighted

seems we are all not alone w sub standard products.

anyone get a solution please?

Highlighted

Experiencing the same here. I receive a "This request took longer (sic) and timed out." error message.

Highlighted

it is so painful.  i am sick of bigpond's email not loading and i have the same messags and no one can help,  all just timed out or just not loading and then i even got a no messages in inbox which is impossible.  telstra and bigpond need to fix this!

Highlighted

Same problem for me since Friday. I even went into a Telstra shop today as phoning gets nowhere and there are no fixes offered. I can't even get the message function on My Telstra to work! 

Highlighted

Posting this in case it's related to the issue. (It might not be) On my old tablet, Webmail sometimes defaults to a 'Lite' page. The page address is 'undefined' and shows only the loading dots.

But if I click the Lite icon to load the 'original' page, the inbox usually appears after short a delay.

Could just be because my tablet is full...but no other sites result in aan 'undefined' page.

Highlighted
Level 13: Super Sleuth

Even worse today. Webmail is basically dead

Highlighted

@Matt68 wrote:

Highlighted

Any ideas if this has been fixed. I cannot access any emails?

Highlighted

I am having the same issues and went onto telstra email outage page (only found this while looking here for answers to this) and it says an "update" began on the 10/8/20 and the update will be completed "to be confirmed" ...8 days without email access is really not good enough

Highlighted

same here. going to ombudsman. there is a tiny announcement of upgrade for Telstra mail platform from 10/8 /20 with no end date . Telstra states that we will be unable to send or receive emails.

Highlighted

Get your emails from webmail to be redirected to another email account such as gmail. still have to manually retype in contacts from bigpond. still able to open contacts in bigpond.

@JWA1 wrote:

same here. going to ombudsman. there is a tiny announcement of upgrade for Telstra mail platform from 10/8 /20 with no end date . Telstra states that we will be unable to send or receive emails.

Highlighted

Me too! So annoyed.

Anyone have update info on this?

Highlighted

Mine stays frozen on loading emails screen. I have not been able to open for days. Very frustrating 

Highlighted

I have had this same problem for over a month. Good news though, billing doesn't have a problem.

Highlighted

This has been an ongoing issue to access my webmail and it doesn't matter if I am accessing from work desktop or at home. 

@telstra when will a solution be provided. Considering the outage has been documented since the 10 August 2020.  We are almost a month down the track - not acceptable. 

Highlighted

Hello,

Seems odd to me.

e mails do not load on my Win 7 PC using FF browser.

No such problem on my Win10 PC.

WELL as I write  on Win 7,  my Win 10 has an e mail awarding a Silver badge on Telstra CrowdSupport.

I really feel rewarded.

Highlighted

I'm on WIN 10. E-mails still coming through on Outlook but given Telstra Mails tendency to classify wanted mail as spam I go in regularly to check my Junk file on Webmail. Was able to check it late last week but since then no go. 

It's obvious they aren't doing an upgrade.

They've had a failure and given they don't have any competent staff left they can't work out what the issue is.

Highlighted

its now 3/9/20 and i still cant access my emails- they just wont load. the loading spool just keeps going around and then says it has timed out. has it been fixed for others? its getting dire now.

Highlighted

Oh but they have responded. When I contacted thrm it was called "email enhancement". What a joke it is but they still charge. 

I'm so over it. 

Highlighted
Level 8: Inspector

I have webmail issues too. Yesterday and today are bad. Webmail won't load any email in any folder. It keeps timing out. I had some sporadic issues last week too.

Phone mail app is not working and outlook is erroring also.

Highlighted

I read on the Support Page yesterday that they think it has something to do with a Google Chrome Update & that it is a “complex technical issue” 🤦🏻‍♀️
Its way beyond a joke now

Highlighted

Hi - is there an answer to this/did you get a response. I am having the same issues.

Highlighted

I think it's beyond that - I don't use chrome on any device and it's happening on all devices. 

Strange thing is that I've seen some emails come through on my phone that haven't come into my webmail directly (well... how would I know I can't see my inbox emails) or outlook but they are there somewhere or not. Makes me wonder how many might be missing then.

Highlighted

Still loading slowly or not at all. Timed out twice.

Highlighted

I'm only replying to this to hopefully get a notification if there is an answer.

If things aren't hard enough at the moment, working remotely and not being able to access emails. 

I see that back in January there was an issue with iOS and Android not working with bigpond and now its outlook on my laptop not working.  

Highlighted

I went to the support page. They have posted a message there (too bad no one is watching crowd support

Email disruption

We are aware there are currently problems for some customers using our email service. Most customers can still send and receive emails but others may be experiencing slow response times and time outs accessing their mailbox Sincere apologies for the frustration; it’s a complex technical issue we’re working to resolve as soon as we possibly can.

---

Seems this has been going on for months, after all this time is should be fixed. Webmail is NOT that complex. Apologies are not enough

Highlighted

I actually received a text message advising of this issue and indicating it might take about another week. 

It also stated that "you may see an improvement if you access your email via an email client such as outlook with a link to instructions"...

https://telstra.com.au/support/category/email/how-to

Highlighted

Wonderful news. We are the 2% of telstra Customers who can't access webmail. Fantastic news. Billing is operational, as I discovered again today. 

Highlighted

We are the lucky 2% of telstra Customers having this problem. 

Highlighted

This is still a problem with Webmail today. It tries to load and just times out. I am accessing via Safari on an iMac. This is also a problem for other family members. 

Highlighted

LOL Lo4.

I somehow doubt it's an issue affecting 2% - I'm still having issues today using alternate email clients. I would say this issue actually goes back some years when they revamped webmail. On and off these kinds of things have persisted unfortunately. It does make me think of moving...

And yes, you nailed it - billing is operating like clockwork - I have mine too (with the tabled increase no less).

Highlighted

Hi All,

Any fix yet on the email "loading" issue, i'm still having the same issue 2 weeks down the track and can't load the 129 emails in my inbox.

Telstra are hopeless fixing this ongoing(for years) issue and clearly have no idea what to do.

I contacted Andy Penn(CEO) on LinkedIn and apparently he is getting someone to contact me to sort out.....probably the canteen lady as she would have a better idea than their tech team.

Let me know if you have a resolution.

@Matt68 wrote:

Thanks Tony

Highlighted

"Enhancement"/

That's a good one.

Cut off all of their customers and call it an "enhancement"!

That's got to come from Marketing

Highlighted

I have had the same problem and now today it is saying that the server is not responding and I am now not getting any emails. Have tried to contact Telstra on the app and phoning but they just send me a text to use the app. When I log in it says my mail account has been suspended but

the reasons they give are not relevant. Have no way to contact Telstra but they have done everything in there power to ensure no one can contact them to resolve an issue.

Telstra need to rectify this immediately or they will definitely lose me as a customer

as I pay for a service that they will not

provide and are not willing to discuss to rectify the issue. 

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Appalling non-service from Telstra. And why aren't they reading and  answering these messages? 

This has now been going since 10 August, that is now well over a month and no headway is being made. I have hundreds of emails filling up my web mailbox, some messages are coming through, slowly, to my Mac and iPhone, often out of order and sometimes repeated. But webmail will not load and says it is timed out.

Seriously? It's 2020 for goodness sake and they don't seem able to sort this out.

Their texts in response to complaints are generic and vague.

Hey Telstra! You should be listening! People are fed up. We pay the highest rate of internet and phone connection and yet this is what we get. Fix it!

Highlighted

And also, when very occasionally they load you can only delete 50 messages at a time then it times out again mid delete!

Highlighted

This is not good enough. They MUST fix webmail. 

Highlighted

The strange thing is, if this is a "server issue" :

Why is it that when you give up on watching the circle go around, or

it closes with " Taken too long" and you close it off,

then instantly that signoff page appears with a few news stories

and 2 pages of advertisements.

Isn't this coming from the same "compromised server".

If not, then Telstra please use that server for the emails !

Highlighted

EXACTLY! Funny that the ads work! Also, every time I post here I get a congratulations message with a Telstra badge! Yippee, a badge, made my day! NO, Telstra, I don't want a badge, I want the service I pay for.

Highlighted

My message from Telstra: 

Congratulations 
'As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Level 4: Private Eye.
We appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue to be an active member of the community.'

They appreciate 'my efforts' but they won't do anything about it!

Highlighted

'"Funny that the ads work!"

And the billing service.....

That is working well.

Mine has arrived on time.

Highlighted

"contacted Andy Penn(CEO)"

Part of the problem.

Surely he is across this?

And won't make a definitive statement.

They have so many depts devoted to climate change, equality, diversity, inclusion, indigenous, sexual orientation etc etc  they cannot monitor their bread n butter network.

Highlighted

It's getting W A Y beyond reasonable "technical issues".

They seem to be able to do billing just fine - not even a credit for a month's non service AND endless time trying to get emails. 

More stress at an already very stressful time. 

Highlighted

Yes. I'm getting ready to jump ship as soon as they rectify. I've had enough. 

Highlighted

Why is this site called 'Community Support'?

What 'support' exactly? I can only assume that NOBODY from Telstra is reading this message board.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit