Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

emials will not download????

Answered

Over the last week, I've not been able to download any emails. I'm able to send them from my phone but can not receive any? I've logged into web mail to check and it keeps 'timing out' and will not display anything. I've used the 'My Telstra' app and had message conversations to report the issue on a few occasions over the last couple of days and been told the same things each time.

"our techs are working on resolving the issue, but no we don't have a time frame for it to be fixed"

Has anyone had any luck?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: emials will not download????

This update has been going on for 11 days do far.

You can see the latest status update at https://outages.telstra.com

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted

It's a waiting game.  The situation will not be resolved until the update is finished and that is still showing TBC.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Frustration!!

Our home PC died a couple years ago and since then my wife and I had been downloading emails to our iPhone's up until a week ago. I logged into web mail and discovered that there were 60,000+ emails still on the server, although they didn't display and the mailbox saying only 58% full. (just got the number from hovering the mouse over the inbox). I thought this might be the problem but I couldn't delete any as they wouldn't display.  I've since change our mail settings on our phones to 'delete from server - 7 days', (it was on 'never') hoping this might fix the issue of bulk emails staying on the server moving forward. After multilpe 'app' conversations with Telstra, it would appear this may not be the problem. Been a customer for over 20 years! I can not believe the time it is taking to rectify!

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Again!!  I thought it was meant to be "updated" fixed a couple of weeks ago when I lost my email for 5 days. It's now two days again and the best we can get is a tiny little not even announcement that it's being updated with no resolution time and no warning. If this is an ongoing process then surely they could have warned us! I could have redirected my email I could have done a bunch of things like writing stuff down or transferring information to another format. But no. Telstra as always has no care for their customers. It's just great to be deprived of one more means of communication when we need all we can get. Telstra officially sucks.

Highlighted

I have the same problem. I'm waiting for an urgent email sent from my doctor but still get the time out message when attempting to retrieve the email.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I am experiencing similar and have now chosen to change to Gmail. Just one more failing Telstra service

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Found a temp work around. Created a gmail account, then went into my bigpond webmail account/settings and added the gmail account into ‘forward all emails’. It took a few attempts to get the settings up and then for some reason a couple of hours before any emails came through to gmail. But know seems to be working ok.

I’ll just have to remember to change it back from time to time to see if Telstra mail is back up and running.

Highlighted

Leave Telstra !! It's the only way to take your life back. Nothing will ever change as millions of customers have spent years on the phones thinking they might ever get any resolution or change for their error plagued systems. The same exact issues have NEVER been resolved for decades. What kind of company in this day and age has a website that when you login the first words you see are NO ACCOUNTS FOUND when you just signed in with your account ??? LOL its like their systems are from the 1970s with no upgrades since.

It's all been like that for years with millions of customers making the same complaints about the same issues and years later they all still exist. What does that tell you about a company ?? CHANGE PROVIDERS before you lose your mind with frustration.

Switch to any other 'no name' company and you will get 1000 times better self serve functionality and phone service. Telstra do NOT deserve your money, time or complaints to alert or help them. There are NO SOLUTIONS to fix when they refuse to admit there are any problems. All you will get is their rehearsed responses that drive you nuts !! They cant even offer basic functionality of a webmail server. It's the most ironic catastrophe that a communication company has NO IDEA how to have fully functioning EVERYTHING within their COMMUNICATION COMPANY. Instead everything fails to function. Their webmail is a diabolical fail that will NEVER be fixed. Google new NBN and mobile providers I guarantee any of them will be 1000 times better in every way as they were at least established in this century. Remember the govt owns the NBN now not Telstra so any provider can hook you in to what already exists with a million times more efficiency, urgency and current technology

Highlighted

This had been going on for 4 weeks not one week.  I feel like going to the ombudsman

Highlighted

I have just done this also but I have realised that when my emails go to GMail they are auto deleting from Bigpond. Have you had this issue?

Rosanne Sorensen
Highlighted

Hi , Rosanne,

Mine do not delete but I find all mail do not get loaded to Gmail when I refresh gmail.

So frustrating.

Sam

Highlighted

I did contact ombudsman, they have till 23rd Sept 5pm to find a solution for me. I desperately need some emails i have in folders but will have to wait. Here's hoping a solution is found soon. 

Highlighted
Level 18: Intelligence Chief

Hi @juliatlock 

This is not a fix but a work around.

I have just been using windows 10 mail linked to my Telstra web mail address.

This seams to work fine.

My dad uses windows live mail.

This also seams to be working fine.

Sure Telstra should be fixing the issue and not expecting customers to find solutions.

It is what it is for now....

Maybe covid 19 has now mutated in to a computer virus as well......

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Highlighted

Hi Sam,

I am getting all mine although they can take a while to go through. Took me a bit to figure out but Gmail has a number of folders they auto go into, so mine split between Inbox and Promotions. 

Make sure you check every folder.

Rosanne Sorensen
Highlighted

I had over $500 in E-Gift cards and I needed to print some to buy groceries (had car rego).

After 3 days I was at my mums and I was getting very upset and frustrated. A friend of hers suggested using Outlook or Gmail to receive them. That has worked except now they are all deleted from Bigpond. 

If you have an Outlook or Gmail account try connecting them.

Rosanne Sorensen
Highlighted

HI Mummy077, I created an Outlook account, so looks ok. Telstra still wont load 

What can we do mmm

Highlighted

Did you create a G Mailand link 

@juliatlock wrote:

I did contact ombudsman, they have till 23rd Sept 5pm to find a solution for me. I desperately need some emails i have in folders but will have to wait. Here's hoping a solution is found soon. 

or you can link Outlook , which will enable you to see your emails

Highlighted

Hey,

Yeah this has been going on for weeks and weeks now 4-5? something. I set up Windows 10 pop mail (mail for windows 10 is what it's called) just using the email address and it's working well, sending  and receiving. I do have to prompt it with the download button a few times in the morning but once it downloads the overnight stuff then it's good all day. It's the easiest mail set up I've ever done and I've been using it for weeks now. I think I have been able to log on to the web mail only once during that time. So if you have it or similar that doesn't need all the info to work use it I guess.

Highlighted

Thanks i have this but it doesn't have anything in the folders as they are past emails, Thanks again. 

Highlighted

Thanks but i have no idea how to link emails, any advise gratefully accepted thanks

Highlighted

I cannot understand why this hasn't been fixed. I am not a happy Telstra

@Jupiter wrote:

client!

Frustrating to say the least. I have been having problems since mid August .  I would also like to know in what time frame  "we are working to fix the issues". Most of my invoices/accounts arrive online. So if I can't retrieve these email I am unaware of the accounts to be paid . I changed to another server...good for a day , but then   NAH!! . Personal emails .  Now up to 210 unread emails and growing by the day , too many to load . My question   Will our account be reduced for the time frame we have been unable to use emails ?  

Ann Carney
Highlighted

Last week I was able to access my telstra webmail through Outlook but this week, I am unable to use this method as it is not picking up any new messages. Do you know if this is common for others apart from just me?

Highlighted

I’m in the same boat. I’ve been having problems for weeks. First slow to download then not downloading at all. Webmail won’t load either. I called Telstra last week and they told me it should be resolved by the end of the weekend. Monday I get 276 emails download but now I’m back to getting maybe 3 or 4 a day. (Instead of a the usual 30ish)  I’m trying to run a business and I need to access my emails and pay invoices! I know things happen but this has been going on for far too long now. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit