Scotch1
Level 1: Cadet

Error Message "558 5.7.1 611DDF191B99F7B8 Too much spam from Google. Try again later"

When Sending emails from my Gmail address to Bigpond addresses they are coming back with the following message "558 5.7.1 611DDF191B99F7B8 Too much spam from Google. Try again later" This happens sometimes. What is the problem? All other emails are delivered without an issue?

How long is "Try again later" ??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Error Message "558 5.7.1 611DDF191B99F7B8 Too much spam from Google. Try again later"

It means that the Telstra servers are receiving too much spam from the Google servers within a given period of time, so they block the connection completely.

How long? Anywhere from 10 minutes to 10 days depending on the extent of the problem (should be closer to the former given that Google should be working proactively to fix the problem).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Elliemay6
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Error Message "558 5.7.1 611DDF191B99F7B8 Too much spam from Google. Try again later"

It is most disappointing that this is still happening.  I am secretary of two organisations and have to send out important messages to members and they go through to every address with other providers, but most of the time I get this message for members with Big Pond addresses.   Not good enough Big Pond and Telstra.  It wastes my time when I have to try and re-send messages and often I have to end up phoning or sending SMS.  I spent hours on the phone with Telstra with no success.

@Scotch1 wrote:

When Sending emails from my Gmail address to Bigpond addresses they are coming back with the following message "558 5.7.1 611DDF191B99F7B8 Too much spam from Google. Try again later" This happens sometimes. What is the problem? All other emails are delivered without an issue?

How long is "Try again later" ??

Jupiter

Phoning Telstra won't accomplish anything. The only method of contacting the correct group is via the postmaster@bigpond.com email address.

But as I said in my original response. It is up to Google to maintain the integrity of their email system. If they allow users to send Spam from their systems, then what you see is the ultimate result.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit