Level 2: Rookie

Error message You sent too many messages in an hour. Please try again later.

Answered

I have several groups I send emails to. Yesterday I sent a group email successfully to 25 recipients. Then I tried another group of 40 recipients and the above error message appeared.

I have tried to send again many times, and have even reduced number of recipients but was unsuccessful

Emails to individual addressed do work.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Re: Error message You sent too many messages in an hour. Please try again later.

I can't help you, but I would like to add that I have just experienced the same error message while sending a weekly work-related email to just over 50 recipients. I have never had this happen before, even though I have sent an email to this number of recipients many times before.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Error message You sent too many messages in an hour. Please try again later.

I can't help you, but I would like to add that I have just experienced the same error message while sending a weekly work-related email to just over 50 recipients. I have never had this happen before, even though I have sent an email to this number of recipients many times before.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I too am having this issue, any solution available?

Highlighted

I have been trying for over 24 hours now (!!) via the Telstra message system, with messaging on and off, to get a resolution. I have so far (apparently) been transferred to 4 different areas. I have now just been told to call 133 933, which I am about to do. I encourage anyone else having this problem to do likewise. One of the messages said that "we are just having system enhancements on (sic) the moment", but wouldn't elaborate. If a change has been made eg limiting the number of emails sent to, say, 30 before considering the emails to be spam, that needs to be removed. There are genuine reasons why emails might be sent to larger numbers of people, especially at the moment, where this form of communication has replaced face-to-face communication for a lot of people

Highlighted

Scratch that suggestion... I tried ringing 133 933 and it just lead me to the messaging system which I have been using for over a day now with no success. OK Telstra, you're right, as per the recorded system "I don't want to wait on hold", but I can't see how texting my details and information about the problem multiple times, and being bounced from department to department, only to be told that I should try the process that I did in the first place, is better than waiting on hold?? 

Highlighted

Hi AmandaD1, I too rang 133933 and after stating my issue, I was on hold until I had enough. I can not believe that this problem is not being experienced by many others. 

Telstra, can you please resolve this issue or send a world wide email to all your current customers advising of this issue and assure us that its being looked into. Otherwise, you may find that your current customers may end up being your previous customers.

Highlighted

Same message received here today. I tried to send a message to only about 20 recipients and got the "too many emails" message as you did. I've just tried sending it through Outlook on my desktop, and so far it hasn't bounced back with that message. Finger crossed, because as others have said, email communication is pretty crucial right now!!

Highlighted

After over 150 text messages exchanged between myself and Telstra staff members over two days (!), the current status is that Telstra will escalate it to "L2" but that requires my supervisor to contact Telstra as he has more authority on the business account than I do. So I have had to hand it over to my supervisor (along with a reference number) to follow up.  I have to admit that I have little confidence that this will be treated as a widespread issue that may involve resolution on Telstra's side, and not continue to be seen as a problem which is isolated to one user (which is how I was treated for those two days - no, Telstra rep, deleting emails and logging out and back in did *not* solve the issue!).

I have indicated to Telstra multiple times that other people on this forum have also experienced similar issues but that has been ignored. Hoping this can be resolved soon as it is clearly causing inconvenience to multiple people (and probably a lot more who haven't posted on this forum).

Highlighted

Hi,

Like you I am frustrated with delayed and "too many" emails.  Taking forever to open messages. Can't send to a group of 30 people with time sensitive info is getting beyond a joke. 

Highlighted

Well, much to my surprise, I was just able to send to 54 recipients, for the first time in 2 weeks. I have tried (unsuccessfully) to send to more than 30 recipients multiple times in the past 2 weeks. Nothing has changed at my end.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit