irisandgraham1
Level 3: Gumshoe

Export contacts

I need to export contacts from Telstra Mail to Mozilla Thunderbird.  Can you help please?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Export contacts

In Telstra Webmail, once you are signed in, go to Contacts, click on the 'more' option then Export...

Disclaimer, I haven't done this myself because I use an email client that collects my email and I have no contacts in there..  so I don't know what format the export is in..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
irisandgraham1
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thanks for that.  However I want to transfer a group under the main contact heading. Is this possible please?

SteveW_52

I personally don't know.. you might need to try it (just export that group)?  are the members of the group also listed individually in your contacts list? You might need to recreate the group once you import the list into Thunderbird..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Export your emails to an external  stick as an HTML file. You then can import them to another mail pro gram. I have  used that technique for many years. 

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit