PC007
Level 1: Cadet

How can I keep email in webmail inbox after forwarding them to external outlook tool?

Answered

How can I keep email in webmail inbox after forwarding them to a few external outlook tools in different locations?  

Before webmail issues in past months, I was able to keep all emails in the webmail inbox after forwarding to different external Outlooks everyday.  Now I found out, once they had been transferred to one of the external Outlooks, and being clear (deleted) by me in the particular Outlook (laptops/desktop), the one in webmail inbox would be disappeared.  In the past, I was able to keep them in the webmail inbox until I cleared them physically.

My issues are, I have two laptops and one desktop sharing the webmail in different locations.  I need to keep the email in the webmail inbox then I can access them in other laptops when I am in the locations.  

I tried to talk to Telstra this morning 6 times thru the interpreter (Cantonese) service, the person either place the Telstra record message on & on until times up and line cut or sent me to the internet issue area and cut my line off.  Very unhelpful and hopeless.  

Please who can help me now.  thanks PC007

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: How can I keep email in webmail inbox after forwarding them to external outlook tool?

The.re are two types of email protocols, POP3 and IMAP. If you have set up your email client to use IMAP as soon as you delete the mail on one device it gets deleted on the server. If you don't want this to happen set up your email client to use POP3. Also make sure the email client is set to leave a copy on the server. By default most email clients if set up to use POP3 will leave a copy on the server for a certain period of time (7,14, 21 days....) The time period can be changed in settings.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
cf4
Accepted Solution

Re: How can I keep email in webmail inbox after forwarding them to external outlook tool?

The.re are two types of email protocols, POP3 and IMAP. If you have set up your email client to use IMAP as soon as you delete the mail on one device it gets deleted on the server. If you don't want this to happen set up your email client to use POP3. Also make sure the email client is set to leave a copy on the server. By default most email clients if set up to use POP3 will leave a copy on the server for a certain period of time (7,14, 21 days....) The time period can be changed in settings.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit