Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How can I reactivate my compromised email account

Hi, Ive received a message saying that my email account has been suspended because it has been compromised however I’m unable to contact Telstra to get it sorted because of the restricted service they are providing at the moment. Is there any other way to get it reactivated?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How can I reactivate my compromised email account

Send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). Someone should respond in a few hours/couple of days.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

My webmail acc has been suspended twice in 7 weeks because telstra says it has been compromised. The first time it was reopened after 3 days and about 10 hrs of online "chat", with no identifiable issues being found. This time, I have been told to go to a Telstra store. As we are in lockdown restrictions I cannot do this. The online person does not seem to accept this so I have no idea when I will have access to my email. I need better assistance from Telstra.

Highlighted

There is no point going to a Telstra Store. They do not have the access required to investigate your email account. Only the online consultants have the appropriate access.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

i cannot get though on 132200 

Highlighted

You need to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If Codi tries to redirect you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should get transferred to the queue to chat to a human.

If you don't have access to the My Telstra app, send a message to the Telstra Facebook or Twitter accounts as they are being monitored.

You can also try calling 133933.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit