MeganJT
Level 2: Rookie

How do I configure Bigpond Mail to Outlook 2013 on Windows 8 platform?

I have followed the instructions online (albeit for Outook 2010 as Telstra haven't updated it) and I continue to get a pop up wanting my password. My password and email are correct. I also tried my Microsoft password as someone on here said that worked.

I've been waiting in line for two hours on LiveChat. Can anyone help? It shouldn't be so hard. It took all of two minutes to get my gmail account connected to Outlook.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Brodie_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: How do I configure Bigpond Mail to Outlook 2013 on Windows 8 platform?

Hey MeganJT,

Sometimes the continual pop up can indicate that the password isn't correct or doesn't pass security requirements. Generally the easiest way to resolve this is to reset the password, update the program and retry in a few hours. 

Is this still ongoing for you?

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

RSWeller
Level 1: Cadet

I cannot get my outlook to connect either

What are the steps please

Ashley
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi RSWeller,

We have some troubleshooting tips for email issues available here: Problems with sending or receiving emails

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit