Confused1100
Level 1: Cadet

How do I recover a forgotten password on secondary mailbox account?

Telstra does not seem to provide a prompt for forgotten passwords of secondary email accounts. How do I change my password if I have forgotten the password?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Dowser
Level 20: Director

Re: How do I recover a forgotten password on secondary mailbox account?

Telstra do provide a facility on their webpage to change passwords on mail accounts, however it requires the current password to be entered first, and there is no facility there for forgotten passwords.

I suggest that you contact Support via the phone or the My Telstra app.

Veezy
Support Team
Support Team

Just reaching out Confused1100, any luck with the password issue?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

cannon_fodder
Level 1: Cadet

Yea - nah. I've been sitting waiting for help on this issue using the "message us" feature. I'm supposed to have been passed to 2nd level support but is been two hours now and nothing. And contacting support for what is a normal high incidence issue is plainly ridiculous.

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Cannon

That's no good to hear. Did you end up getting further assistance in the end or still having trouble?

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Cannon_fodder

Just checking in to see if you need a further hand?

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Dowser

@Dowser wrote:

Telstra do provide a facility on their webpage to change passwords on mail accounts, however it requires the current password to be entered first, and there is no facility there for forgotten passwords.

@Veezy and @TommyR

I have articulated the current facility on the Telstra website.

Whilst it is admirable that you have reached out to see if the users have had resolution, how about you escalate implementation of a facility to recover the forgotten passwords?.

My frustration at Telstra not resolving such a simple causal situation has forced me to lodged a online complaint (#08551919) to Telstra.

It is nonsensical of Telstra to push more user support tools online when something as basic as a password change cannot be fully implemented.

I will monitor the complaint’s progress.

Your consideration of this matter is appreciated.

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Morning Dowser. 

I appreciate the frustration with this. We have passed this feedback to our superiors numerous times. At this point it is out of our hands and we have fed this back via the appropriate channels. 

- Tom

Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Hi - are you using special email client software, an App or a web based access? I don't know if this will help you or not - if you use Windows 10, then it has a Credentials Manager in the Control Panel which may be able to show auto complete entries of log-in and password details for web sites, it also has an ability to Edit from there.  I don't use Auto Complete, so can't vouch for it's ability to help your case.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/accessing-credential-manager-1b5c916a-6a16-889f-8581-fc1... 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit