Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: How to recover deleted items in bigpond email

If you deleted the email and cleared the trash, then the email is probably gone for good - unless you want to negotiate at some length with Telstra to get a possible backup restored. You might find it on another device if you use multiple devices to get email.

If you know where the email came from you could ask for it to be resent? Depending on the originator, it might also be able to get it from a web version of your account etc. (a lot of utility and comm's providers allow you to access previous information from your account).

Do you use Webmail to access your email? That limits your recovery options..  but if you use an email client (GMail app, Outlook, Thunderbird, Mailspring or even the Windows 10 Mail app) to get your email from the server, you might be lucky and find the missing email in one of the folders there. I strongly recommend people use an email client to manage, save, filter, archive and backup email locally on your own device rather than rely on the notoriously unreliable Telstra email system (which seems to being wound down anyway).

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Daniel06
Level 1: Cadet

Re: How to recover deleted items in bigpond email

Thanks for your insight

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit