Level 1: Cadet

I have 4 Telstra mail accounts. 3 of them I can access OK on Thunderbird but one is no go.

Telstra wrongly disconnected my account months ago. It was reconnected quite promptly but my email account was no longer accessible. I opened new email accounts and went through problems of contacting people to change my address. I use Thunderbird as an email client. Recently Telstra re-opened my original email account which I can access through Webmail, but cannot access through Thunderbird. I keep getting the message - wrong account or wrong password. But these are the same username and password I use to get into Webmail.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 10: Junior Detective

Re: I have 4 Telstra mail accounts. 3 of them I can access OK on Thunderbird but one is no go.

Try it on another app to see if Thunderbird is the problem.

You could try a mail app on your phone.

Level 21: Augmented

Re: I have 4 Telstra mail accounts. 3 of them I can access OK on Thunderbird but one is no go.

In Thunderbird, are you using POP3 or IMAP settings and the email account credentials are 100% correct..  f they work in Webmail, they should work in Thunderbird..   maybe there is some sort of corruption, post the recent Telstra email server issues?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit