CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I have lost 3 years of Bigpond emails and several folders how do I retrieve them??

Answered

I have just set up a new PC and set up my Bigpond email via Outlook and now I have lost several important folders and about a gap of about 3 years of emails any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: I have lost 3 years of Bigpond emails and several folders how do I retrieve them??

If you used outlook on your old computer as well, then they could have been archived. They may be in an archive.pst file on your old computer. 

Being in folders,  they could be in your main outlook.pst file in your old computer.

If you still have your old computer, you could copy these files to your new computer and then open them using outlook. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: I have lost 3 years of Bigpond emails and several folders how do I retrieve them??

If you used outlook on your old computer as well, then they could have been archived. They may be in an archive.pst file on your old computer. 

Being in folders,  they could be in your main outlook.pst file in your old computer.

If you still have your old computer, you could copy these files to your new computer and then open them using outlook. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit