Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I lost my saved pst emails on outlook 2000 as I exceeded 2Gb of records.

Answered

Being an old guy with limited pc skills I did not know about this feature. I wast able to recover most of the pst files but the procedure lost the last 6 months of emails I saved in my personal pst files.

I found many files on my online email trash but it appears the emails I moved to the personal files (psi) were deleted when I converted them to pst on my pc.

Can these emails be recovered from my telstra account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: I lost my saved pst emails on outlook 2000 as I exceeded 2Gb of records.

Only if they are still on the server (which if you've moved them to personal folders, then they probably aren't there). Log in via webmail and see if they are still there. If they don't appear, then they are gone forever.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Only if they are still on the server (which if you've moved them to personal folders, then they probably aren't there). Log in via webmail and see if they are still there. If they don't appear, then they are gone forever.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I remember some years back the Big Pond email system would reload all my emails for no reason? It took several attempts to stop this. If I could do this intentionally now it would reload all my old emails. The emails must have been in the system somewhere? According to TV cop shows they can recover old emails? Why can't I do this now?

Highlighted

In the past, you probably didn't have Outlook set to delete the copy on the server.

If you can't see the message when you log in via webmail, then it no longer exists on the server (when you move items into personal folders in Outlook it usually deletes the server copy automatically).

Don't believe everything you see on cop shows, there are limitations to what can be retrieved. Usually they rely on having the person's computer, or the messages still being stored on the server (not being deleted fully).

Highlighted

Its been a lesson. Never to old to learn. Lucky I copied most of the attachments to other files on my computer. I am backing up my pst files now so I hope this issue does not happen again.

Thanks for the help. Its the 1st time I have asked for help on this crowdsupport.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit