Muzza17
Level 1: Cadet

In coming emails from particular senders

Answered

In coming emails from particular senders my children are no longer coming through

they are sent back, can't contact server

Both senders are hot mail accounts

started a few weeks ago

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: In coming emails from particular senders

Hmmm..  wouldn't be the first time that Telstra has decided microsoft/hotmail/exchange etc. was a suspected spammer (and maybe quite rightly), but ahve blocled the domain..  there are recent incidicences reported here over previous weeks.  The solution for thos recent incidents was to wait a while (I seem to recall 10 days or so) and it will be automatically rectified..

I don't use Telstra/Bigpond for any sort of serious email use because of problem after problem...  I am of the belief that Testra is winding down it's email services.  I get all pervious bigpond/telstra mail sent to gmail accounts now (I have replicated all the bigpond account in smail) - and not a problem in 2 years, but my email clients still report issues with the Telstra/Bigpond servers occassionally, despite there being no email being received, except crap/spam, now.

Simple solution, get your kids to use your gmail account - it isn't hard to change a contact  and there is no real reason for you to persist with bigpond/telstra is there?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
SteveW_52

You should test it yourself, send an email to the one that isn't receiving emails. Try hotmail, telstra/bigpond ( prefereable from other addresses) and also from gmail or similar, on your mobile. 

Try to determine if it is their accounts or yours, that is causing the problem..  does your email address (the one not working for them) still receive emails from others?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Muzza17

Yes I still receive emails from other hot mail accounts

I can pass them through my gmail account ,

they sent it to gmail and I forward it to my bigpond ok

so the bodies of the email is not the problem .

SteveW_52

and the address they are using is 100% correct?  Sounds odd, if they can send to your gmail..  points to somethingthing incorrect or the Telstra/Bigpond server rejecting them for some reason..

Have you seen the 'bounce' messages to chech out what is happening?

Stevo 52
Muzza17

This is the message on the senders end

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, a connection to the remote server couldn't be made.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that your email system is unable to connecto their email system. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.

For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=389361.

SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

Hmmm..  wouldn't be the first time that Telstra has decided microsoft/hotmail/exchange etc. was a suspected spammer (and maybe quite rightly), but ahve blocled the domain..  there are recent incidicences reported here over previous weeks.  The solution for thos recent incidents was to wait a while (I seem to recall 10 days or so) and it will be automatically rectified..

I don't use Telstra/Bigpond for any sort of serious email use because of problem after problem...  I am of the belief that Testra is winding down it's email services.  I get all pervious bigpond/telstra mail sent to gmail accounts now (I have replicated all the bigpond account in smail) - and not a problem in 2 years, but my email clients still report issues with the Telstra/Bigpond servers occassionally, despite there being no email being received, except crap/spam, now.

Simple solution, get your kids to use your gmail account - it isn't hard to change a contact  and there is no real reason for you to persist with bigpond/telstra is there?

Stevo 52

View solution in original post

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

A number of the Microsoft email servers got blacklisted due to spammer activity. They may have been caught up in that. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit