Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Incoming Singnet E-mails being blocked in invaluement RBL list

We have been told that our relative from Singapore (using Singnet ISP) has been having recent E-mails blocked (at least for the last 2 weeks) when sending E-mail to bigpond.net.au.   The following is an example of the error message he receives:-

bb.bigpond.com (203.36.172.106) connection refused.   13.251.151.185 is blacklisted in Invaluement RBL List.   See http://ww.invalument.com/removal" host extmail.bp.     I did some preliminary checks and found out that 13.251.151.185 is not in fact listed on the ivalument.com site.  That IP address seems to relate to Amazon Data Services, which I assume is being used by the Singnet ISP.    I am asking the question as it relates to my brother-in-law, who is not particularly computer literate and would not necessarily know the right questions to ask.  Could the fact that this ISP is being rejected indicate that the blocking is happening somewhere other than invalument.com?  Can this be resolved by Telstra or does it have to be resolved from his ISP?   I am looking forward to any advice that can be offered on this.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Incoming Singnet E-mails being blocked in invaluement RBL list

Your brother in law needs to forward a(the bounce message to postmaster@bigpond.com so that it can be investigated. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Thanks Jupiter,

I have found a page relating to sending E-mail to the postmaster and will ask my brother-in-law to send the required information to them.    Interestingly, a previous bounced E-mail from my brother-in-law had a different IP address (presumably this IP address could vary each time) that was not on the invalument.com blacklist, but was listed on other blacklists.     This may be of some relevance.

Highlighted

At the moment, I have written to invaluement.com asking for a delisting of a specific IP address which was blocked.    I've also asked for anything they can tell me about the block as it is affecting multiple IP addresses (dynamically allocated). After I hear from them, I  may follow-up with postmaster@bigpond.com.     Previous chats with Telstra Technical Support (both online and in text) had left me with the distinct impression that the block had not been applied by Telstra, and that the issue would need to be handled by my brother-in-law's ISP and not Telstra, although the symptoms are due to the blocking in invalument.com (a respected anti-spam site), which I suspect is being used by Telstra (as suggested by the reference to bb.bigpond.com in the error message).   If I get no assistance from invalument.com (after all, even unblocking 1 IP address is useless if a different IP address is used with each send), I will try postmaster@bigpond.com.   I will leave this issue open for the moment, pending further investigation.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit