Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

iPad mails and Mail on iMac

QUERY 1:

Prior to the recent Telstra Email upgrade, I could read my Emails on the iPad, but once I had then gone to my iMac and subsequently filed/deleted/flagged etc, the emails would "disappear" from my iPad (which was fine with me).

Now the Emails remain on my iPad. 

Does anyone have any clues as to how I can get my iPad/iMac to work as they did previous to the upgrade.

OBSERVATION (and hopefully a quick solution)

I also have had a conversation with a Telstra person as since the upgrade I can no longer send EMails to lady members of my golf club (106 members) and was advised that such emails are considered spam and the server won't permit sending of these. I was told to split my contact listing into 2 - this is crazy given that I had no problems previously. I hope there's a quick fix or perhaps somebody can help with a solution so that I only need to think about 1 group contact listing again.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: iPad mails and Mail on iMac

Hey KayeG,

At a guess prior to Telstra mail you had POP3 now you're on IMAP. The difference is no matter the device you can manage your email and it'll reflect across the board (or it's meant to)

Solution to your second issue would be to setup a gmail/outlook (or Simular) email account. The one thing I have never done over my years of being online is to rely on ISP's mail client (although used). My primary is off site.

Cheers,
Dave

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks Dave - unfortunately I previously tried Gmail to send out to the lady golfing community and had the same issue - that's why I had to use my Outlook (BigPond) account and it was working wonderfully. Still crazy to have to make a couple of "group" contact Emails. Guess I'll just have to live with it as they say.... Cheers, Kaye

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

No worries Kaye,

I did find that there a 100 user limit in a single send on gmail..

https://support.google.com/a/answer/166852?hl=en

Yahoo mail is 100 per hour.

All can be setup to be used in your mail client and you could have reply email set as your original.

Cheers,
Dave

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit