Answered

Has Telstra got problems with email login

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SVQuinco
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: Is there a problem with telstra webmail log in

They are currently looking into this issue.. Live chat can give you an update. 

@dropshort wrote:

https://livechat.telstra.com/

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
33 REPLIES 33
SVQuinco
Accepted Solution

They are currently looking into this issue.. Live chat can give you an update. 

@dropshort wrote:

https://livechat.telstra.com/

View solution in original post

OldEmail
Level 6: Bloodhound

Try logging in with this link instead of the one on the main Telstra page

http://webmail.bigpond.com/webedge/do/oldlogin

mco35407

I have tried using the normal way, tried the login link provide here and it still moves to log off without showing me emails

Kathy12
Level 1: Cadet

Having the same problem. try to log in and logs off straight away and goes back to Telstra home page

Andreagc

live support - have been waiting in line for over 40 minutes and still only at number 53 in the queue - if there is an issue with bigpond emails - please just put up something so we can all know what is going on!!  Telstra please lift your game and come into the service industry - and serve your customers - is there anybody from telstra actually momitoring these crowd support conversations - the silence is deafening....  Please what is going on with bigpond emails????????????????

mco35407

I agree,not good enough.
nedkelly1899

Yes Telstra, shame on you, not good enough, go to the bottom of the class.  Losers!

dm4
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

I have been trying for two weeks to get assistance and placed five formal complaints and i still have no access to my emails on laptop and desktop. I think they should revert to the old. " If it aint brome, don't fix it"

JarredD
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi dm4,

What was the last update you were given in response to these issues?

Do you possibly have a reference number pertaining to this or from recent communication with Telstra? These numbers usually come through via SMS or by Email. Types of reference numbers I can use can be found here https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Services-KB/What-Reference-Numbers-can-I-obtain-from-...

- Jarred

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

dm4

Great idea, but because I cannot access my mail makes it extremely hard to get the reference numbers.

JarredD
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

That's okay dm4, 

Sometimes these come through via SMS, just needed to check if you had any so that I can get the call rolling for a resolution.

I'd recommend having a chat directly with our LiveChat Bigpond Team here http://tel.st/hsc3 who will be able to investigate this for you and also provide you with a reference number.

- Jarred

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

dm4

Absolutely no help whatsoever after 30 minutes the rep. gave up and informed me that my case had already been elevated to a level 2. Another call from a Tech again failed to find the fault awaiting further calls. I am not holding my breath for a fix. Also unable to access email from three other systems. TELSTRA LIFT YOUR GAME.
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi dm4,

Can you confirm if you are able to log into your mailbox via https://email.telstra.com or if the issue is only related to configuring email programs?

- Shelly

LadyK27

Hi

I'm also having problems logging into Telstramail.  I use Outlook in Office 365 but can't sync my emails either.

I am so fed up with Telstra

Loretta

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@LadyK27 Do you have a Telstra mailbox as part of your T-Suite package?

- Shelly

dm4

Problem solved, notified after 3 weeks that the email server was corrupted and finally it was admitted, compensation given. I now have forced some action by the techs. To do that which they are paid to do. Fix Telstras mess because of the stupid change over.
Bubbles2

No emails yet again - not good enough Telstra!

reginaldcollis

still no web mail here in Longreach for 2 days ? very poor as all other services ok, ie face book,gmail etc.terrible in 2016.

PromoLife

i can't access the webmail too.  This have been an ongoing problem for a long time. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. frustrating. 

Vonnie07

I too am having trouble accessing webmail. Phone call to tech told me all about SMS to me ....not interested just fix webmail. It used to work very well, probably better to go gmail or hotmail.

Jayla

My account has been breached for over 3 years now, n these people arevpretending to be the account holder WHICH THEY ARE NOT!!!!
90unos

I was told by a Telstra shop employee to get a third party email service,

What am i paying Telstra for ?.

TheFox1
Level 5: Eagle Eye

@90unos wrote:

I was told by a Telstra shop employee to get a third party email service,

What am i paying Telstra for ?.

Top quality advice like that.

Michael1958

Continued truble with Telstra Webmail.

I am not able to reply to emails using my Appkle Air iPad. It keeps returning a message saying all my emails are deemed to be Spam and won't be sent. REgardless of the purpose. This includes both new emails and replied emails.

I am unable to access the webmail account on my PC. I currently use Windows10 and Firefox 6. The server just hangs and shows three flashing square dots in the middle of the scren. It never gets past this point.

I have been contacted by a representative from the Filipines. But was sadly told the problem was one they were not up to speed at the time to fix. And that this problem wopuld be sent on to technical support. Now waiting on a call. Two days hence.

Why one Gods green Earth did someone have to change the system peramitters so drastically? The previous system wasn't perfect and had a short list of problems. Namely being loaded with advertisements and added bandwith content. But at least i could recieve and reply to emails.

Please make the old system available for those of us who are happy with stability over trivial flashiness.

Regards,

Michae1958

In Deo Speramus
Paul-S

There a problem with telstra webmail YES

YES THERE IS A PROBLEM

(1)When I click to open a email for reading, once it opens on    your page you have to then open it again to read it,          isn't this why I opened in the first place?

(2) If you open a different email, the first email keeps         opening, even if you click a email 4 or 5 below the           original one. The only way to solve this is to open a new     web page and click the email you want to open, thus 2 web     pages open

(3) When you put something in the Trash  folder, it asks you     if you  want to, I"m pretty sure I clicked "delete"

(4) When you want to delete 350 trash items, if you click on

the delete box at the top it will only highlight what is     on the page, not the whole lot

Gmail doesn't have these problems

Kenobi
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: There a problem with telstra webmail

Hi Paul-S,

Which web browser are you using?  Are you able to try a different one and see if this resolves those issues mentioned in points 1 & 2. Clearing the cache of your current web browser may also be helpful.

Alternatively, you're not locked down to using just WebMail.  You might find that using an email program or app to manage this account makes it more accessible. You can find the settings to do so here:

GeoffH2o

I'm getting notification that my bigpond email account has been compromised and my password doesn't work, haven't been able to send or receive 1 email in 5 days. Glad I'm not a business and have to rely on this....

I notice that all of the previous complaints were from last year, 2016, what's going on Telstra?? And there's no point in calling them!!

GeoffH2o  

cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Looks like your telstra email account could have been hacked and it has therefore been suspended. Suggest you try on line email chat.

https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:ContactUs:Technical:Email

EnglishBob

Well I added 3 new mailboxes a week ago, and still they are not activated  ....... Smiley Frustrated

J-Man
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey @EnglishBob

I replied to you in the other threads you replied in too.

There may still be issues with the systems creating the additional mailboxes. I'm sure that the billing / accounts team can manually process an order to create a mailbox.

You could speak with our live chat team to see if they can assist in creating it: http://tel.st/gq6m

- Justyn

Jayla

I seem to have taken over someone else's account which was set up under my daughters name who was only 11 in 2014 when it seems to be set up but I never signed up to Telstra device for my self n daughter until 25/5/15 when she was only 12 years old at that time. How can Telstra allow my service to be deemed set up before I even signed up to them n further more how can they allow my service to be in a minors age as she was still under 13 n this makes Telstra acception n set up of this service illegal as my daughter is under age n someone can't be able to set up under a minors age! To make this worse I have my service n phone number I had for 15 years n under an Optus contract n someone ported this number only 3mths into the 24 mths n put the number to Telstra n I've also had to go to court for stalking n cyber crime offences n which someone was using my old number with Telstra in my name. I'm so annoyed n frustred by telstras help over this time in giving me the information I need to claim back my identity n want a response to this message or my next stop is going back to court as all the charges where eventually dropped over 13mths of going threw court n had more costs n expense to myself n I'm after some help to still fix this mess or I will be going to court and sueing Telstra myself for all the costs , court costs , n destress over this period. Looking forward to a response ASAP from you. So I can move on with my life!
IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Jayla, 

This seems to be an account issue you have not mentioned, not specific to Webmail. 

If you are yet to lodge a formal complain, I would recommend lodging via one of these methods: Lodging a complaint with Telstra

From there a Complaint Case Manager will be assigned to assist. 

Nix2301
Level 3: Gumshoe

@Jayla wow that was really confusing.

Are you saying you've already been to court over issues with your account or are just threating to do so ?

Also it would help if you use the word 'and' instead of just 'n' e.g "The King and I" rather than "The King n I" as it would make your passage a lot easier to read and understand.

If you're trying to save on characters, then use &.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit