Oskar
Level 1: Cadet

Keeping emails on server

I use OE to download my emails from Bigpond webmail.  I wish to receive all emails on all devices (2 iphones and 1 ipad as well as my laptop).  In OE I have ticked keep emails on Server for 2 days.  However, I am still only receiving on my laptop which is set up to check for mail every 5 minutes, and when I go into webmail the emails have been deleted after coming through with OE.  What am I doing wrong??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Keeping emails on server

Hi Oskar,

You will need to make sure that all devices are set to leave a copy on the server and to remove from server once deleted or after a week.

The other alternative is to migrate across to the new platform hosted by Microsoft where you can use IMAP settings which is ideal for this scenario.

If you choose to migrate, we recommend making sure that you back up any emails or contacts within webmail and do it at a time when emails are not critical. Customers can choose when to migrate using the following link: http://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/extras/#tab-bigpond-email

You would need to configure all devices with the new settings which can be found here: http://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/email-settings

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

lionreader
Level 5: Eagle Eye

According to my bigpond email status, my email account has not been migrated to outlook.com; in this case, how do i make sure that my emails are NOT deleted from the server when i configure my ipad for the bigpond email account.

I do not want any of my emails deleted automatically.

thanks

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey lionreader, 

We'll get our Tech guys to answer you on Monday when they get in :-) 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi lionreader,

If you use the Outlook.com option to configure your BigPond email on the iPad, it will configure it with the IMAP settings which means that the copy from the server is not automatically deleted and all devices configured with IMAP will reflect what is currently on the server.

If you have the iPad configured with POP settings manually you will need to use the following steps:

- open Settings

- go toMail, Contacts, Calendars

- select the account that you just created

- touch on Advanced

- under Incoming Settings touch Delete from Server

- choose your preferred options of Never, Seven days or When removed from Inbox

If you have multiple devices configured with POP you will need to make sure all have them all configured the same way.

Alternatively, if you would like all devices to use IMAP, then you can find the settings here: http://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/email-settings

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit