Goldie8
Level 1: Cadet

Lost email from Hard drive crash

Hi Reader,

My computer hard drive crashed and have lost all my email data back to Oct 9th (last back up)

How do I apply to bigpond to get the emails resent to me, both incoming and outgoing.

Do they charge for it? I know by law they are required to keep everything that passes their servers but to the public they delete it once you have downloaded it.

cheers,

Goldie8

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Yeldarb
Level 20: Director

Re: Lost email from Hard drive crash

I have never read anything about internet service providers having to retain mail data. I could be wrong however unless you were using web mail / imap your emails will be gone forever. Have you logged into the web mail portal to see if there is any old emails?

TimBartel
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Lost email from Hard drive crash

Hi Goldie8,

Regrettably lost emails are lost emails. We don't store customer emails once they've been received and so we're unable to arrange to have these "resent". Unless you've backed them up yourself using an email client or similar you'll not be able to retrieve these.

That said if you've not deleted them from your Webmail, you should be able to log in using your bigpond email details and view them in browser.

Thanks, Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit