Level 1: Cadet

Lost Emails

HI, first post.

All the emails not in folders prior to 22/12/20 have disappeared. I've seen in old posts this has happened before. Has anyone had success with recovery??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Lost Emails

What device do you use to read your emails? Is it through an app, or webmail?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 1: Cadet

You will need to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If the bot doesn;'t understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response, but you get a notification through the app when someone does respond.

If it was a system error that has caused the emails to disappear, then you might be able to get them recovered. You should never rely on your email service provider to retain copies of your messages and you should store copies (yes, plural) elsewhere (local machine/cloud storage) for long term (ie more than a few weeks) storage.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit