JRJ1
Level 1: Cadet

Lost emails

Answered

Last night I had ten read emails in my inbox.Tonight I have only three new unread emails in my inbox.I did not accidently delete them.Two of them were fairly recent important emails.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dowser
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Lost emails

What email client were you using?.

- some hide emails once they are read

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Dowser
Accepted Solution

What email client were you using?.

- some hide emails once they are read

View solution in original post

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Where do you read your emails and what clients do you use? If you have your account set up on devices using IMAP, then one device might be downloading them, marking them as read or even deleting them once read - depends on the setting you have for each client..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
JRJ1

I only have one device,a desktop computer,on which I read all my emails.I have always been with Telstra and this is the third time in a couple of years I have lost all the emails in the inbox

JRJ1

I only read emails on the same desktop computer via Telstra inbox.This is the third time in a couple of years I have lost all emails in the inbox.Some were a couple of months old and some were only days old.

SteveW_52

Telstra email has become quite 'flaky' for lots of people over the last couple of years and there are indications that Telstra will withdraw from the email service..  you no longer get an inhouse email address when you sign up for a Telstra service..   and even Telstra seems to prefer you to use an external email address for account communications...  I have moved my Telstra emails away to GMail and the like..  doing it before it fails completely..  I use an email client to retrieve Bigpond emails now...  but I have actually had none of the problems that others have had..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit