Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Lost my Bigpond email address

Answered

I cancelled my Bigpond internet connection a few months ago and switched to a new ISP.  I was of the understanding that I could keep my @bigpond.com email address for 12 months while I changed to a new address. But the @bigpond address was suddenly switched off without warning a few days ago.  I haven’t had a chance to tell anyone my new address yet.  Is there any way I can reinstate the Bigpond address for a few months while I get myself sorted with a new email address?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Lost my Bigpond email address

Had you requested to keep your bigpond email address prior to changing providers? The retention of the email service needed to be requested (as you would have needed to be put on an email only plan at $79 per year, of which the first 12 months would have been free) plan, it is not just an automatic "email account stays active for 12 months".

As you haven't been a customer for a few months, I don't think that you would be able to get it reinstated without signing up for a paid email service.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Thanks mate I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. Funny, the only human I ever got to speak to at Telstra/Bigpond was when I said the magic word “disconnect” and I was actually put through to a real person.  That person quite graciously accepted my decision to cancel my internet plan, but it must have slipped his mind to mention the email thing! Oh well

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Had you requested to keep your bigpond email address prior to changing providers? The retention of the email service needed to be requested (as you would have needed to be put on an email only plan at $79 per year, of which the first 12 months would have been free) plan, it is not just an automatic "email account stays active for 12 months".

As you haven't been a customer for a few months, I don't think that you would be able to get it reinstated without signing up for a paid email service.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Thanks mate I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. Funny, the only human I ever got to speak to at Telstra/Bigpond was when I said the magic word “disconnect” and I was actually put through to a real person.  That person quite graciously accepted my decision to cancel my internet plan, but it must have slipped his mind to mention the email thing! Oh well

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit