Lotus07
Level 1: Cadet

Mail Folders Folders on Outlook 2016

Answered

I upgraded my 2010 Outlook mail to the latest Outlook 2016 version. The new version is also loaded onto my new MacBook. I am unable to see the mail folders that I set up in the previous old Mac. I was informed by Telstra support that I need to use IMAP instead of POP. How do I make this work? Telstra/Bigpond support site says I will lose folders if I change to IMAP and for me to use Webmail first - I need to make this work - can some help?

Thanks. Lotus07

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Mail Folders Folders on Outlook 2016

Suggest you transfer the old outlook data file to the new Mac and import the data file into Outlook 2016 on the new Mac. Instructions for doing this can be found here.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Accepted Solution

Suggest you transfer the old outlook data file to the new Mac and import the data file into Outlook 2016 on the new Mac. Instructions for doing this can be found here.

View solution in original post

Lotus07
Level 1: Cadet

Superhuman - thanks for reply. Do I export from MacBook Air into an external HDD or can I connect directly to new MacBook Pro and export this way. In any case how do undertake the import process for both methods. Thanks in advance.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit