TheCount1969
Level 1: Cadet

Manage additional mailboxes

OK guys, who's hidden the Manage Additional Mailbox option?

Help is useless - Page 404's on each answer.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Manage additional mailboxes

if you log into the Telstra My Account page in a browser, click on your profile (stylized head and shoulders - top right)..

Manage Mailboxes in the list...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

The manage function may only be available for existing mailboxes. It doesn't look like the create additional mailboxes function exists any more since the change in status on Telstra Mail on the 29th September 2020.

What leads me to believe that Telstra Mail is in wind down mode are the changes following items in the Customer Terms for Telstra Mail:

3.1 From 20 September, Telstra Mail (with up to 15 included mailboxes) is not
available to new Telstra Broadband customers or for a fee as a standalone product if
you are not a Telstra Broadband customer.

6.2 Once deleted, you will not be able to re-activate your account or recover the deleted
content.

You used to be able to request that your email be reactivated (accounts are automatically deleted after 180 days of non-use or upon the cancellation of a Telstra Home Broadband service). There have also been quite a few reports of people not being able to create new email addresses even if they already had one.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SteveW_52

I agree @Jupiter it does look like Telstra are vacating the email market..

But when I look at mine, I still see an option to Add a Mailbox..  whether it works I don't know, I don't need another Telstra/Bigpond email address...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Jupiter

If you try it, I think you'll find it doesn't work any more. That's what others have reported.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SteveW_52

@Jupiter I did try it just now and added a new mailbox just fine?  but it seems to only allow bigpond addresses

I will create a new account for it in Outlook OK, and sent a couple of test emails

Then I will wait a couple of days and see if it is still working, then delete it..

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit