hags77
Level 1: Cadet

missing emails

Answered

I run a wholesale business and lately i haven't been receiving all my emails which are mostly orders. Customers calling asking where their orders are but i haven't received them but on their end they say it has been sent. I haven't had this problem before just in the last few days the odd 1 or 2 are slipping through.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: missing emails

It could be a fault on the server and the messages are being held rather than being bounced or delivered to your inbox.

You could email postmaster@bigpond.com with your contact details and when the problem started occurring. Send some of the email addresses that aren't coming through as well.

That said, you shouldn't be relying on Telstra Mail for business purposes. You should get yourself a business grade email (you can get one for under $10 per month). It will be far more reliable.

Also, the Telstra Mail Customer terms state:

10.2 You must

(g) not use Telstra Mail for commercial purposes; and
(h) not use Telstra Mail for any purpose which is critically dependent on a fault-free service.

Telstra Mail is only suitable for personal (non-critical) emails. It's a "best efforts" type service only.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Check:

(a) if they have gone into the Junk folder

(b) log into Telstra WebMail & check if the emails are on the server (assuming that you are using an email client app).

hags77

not in junk and not on server

Dowser

Did any of those customers receive a bounce back message about the email being undeliverable?.

Which email client are you using?.

Are you using the Telstra Mail server for your emails or a  business variant?.

hags77

no bounce back messages and using telstra webmail.

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

It could be a fault on the server and the messages are being held rather than being bounced or delivered to your inbox.

You could email postmaster@bigpond.com with your contact details and when the problem started occurring. Send some of the email addresses that aren't coming through as well.

That said, you shouldn't be relying on Telstra Mail for business purposes. You should get yourself a business grade email (you can get one for under $10 per month). It will be far more reliable.

Also, the Telstra Mail Customer terms state:

10.2 You must

(g) not use Telstra Mail for commercial purposes; and
(h) not use Telstra Mail for any purpose which is critically dependent on a fault-free service.

Telstra Mail is only suitable for personal (non-critical) emails. It's a "best efforts" type service only.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit