BecAu
Level 1: Cadet

my client's mailserver is being blocked by Bigpond

This is a new one for me but I can see it is a repetitive issues based on archives here.

I have been on the phone to Bigpond, I have sent a request for help to postmaster@bigpond.com

I have even hired an external tech to see if they can see what our datacentre and in-house techs can't see.

No replies from Bigpond.

My client is getting the following error message. The error is being generated by extmail.bigpond.com [203.36.172.106] when sending emails from the client's two domain names to Bigpond accounts.

We have checked RBLs and everything is green lights all the way.

--

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[keptprivate]@bigpond.com
host extmail.bigpond.com [203.36.172.106]
SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
550 5.7.1 Connection refused - IB116. [client's IP address] senderscore too low. Please check https://senderscore.org

--

I'm assuming Telstra is using senderscore but dealing with them has also lead to a dead end as they don't have any poor records of the domain names or the IP address.

If anyone has had a successful resolution for this please let me know

Thanks

Bec

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: my client's mailserver is being blocked by Bigpond

The only way is through the Postmaster email address. There no other contact method.

You need to include copies of the bounce messages, your contact details and when the problem started occurring.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
BecAu

Already done

Thanks for your reply, Jupiter.

BecAu

Still no reply - this is disgusting!

Such an arbitrary blocking of any website without even identifying a cause, let alone lacking the professionalism to reply in a timely manner is nothing short of mismanagement.

RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

Hey BecAu, thank you for your post.

Give our email troubleshooting tool a go here https://tel.st/r2mlj , it will ask a couple of obvious questions but then bring you through to a consultant if it is unable to resolve.

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit